Custom Bearded Dragon habitat

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brie

BRA
My other hobby. herps. lol.

Just finished up a new tank for my growing red Bearded Dragon, using 40lbs of ZooMed's "Excavator" clay substrate. It comes dry, you add water and sculpt away. Let dry/harden, then add animal. Its great stuff.

ExcavatorProjectStart1_1840.jpg

ExcavatorProject2_1850.jpg

ExcavatorProject3_1852.jpg

ExcavatorProject7_1858.jpg

ExcavatorProject5_1855.jpg

ExcavatorProject6_1857.jpg

And all finished.
RupertExcavatorProjectDone_1879.jpg

The Bearded herself, being dark and grumpy at being disturbed for all of this.
RupertNewCageDark8-24_1897.jpg

pretty impressive. does it work for water too? like turtles?

No, its water soluable. When you want to resculpt/reuse you just wet it down again to make mud once again. Its pretty much just for arid reptiles.

Awesome Brie! I have used this for a few exhibits and it has worked out quite well!

Nice looking Beardy too! :)

Thanks Erik

Awesome Brie! I have used this for a few exhibits and it has worked out quite well!

Nice looking Beardy too! :)

Thanks Erik

Wow, for some reason I never got a notice of the last replies. Sorry bout that...

Yeah its awesome stuff, and thanks on the beardie... i'm pretty proud of her. The guy I got her from was the talk of last years NWCBE(northwest captive breeders expo, in puyallup)... All he had were bins of these red babies, just eye popping. I dropped a pretty penny on her as a baby.

Here's what she looks like all fired up.

RupertCloseFace8-24-08_1953.jpg

And passed out...
RupertBranchSleepinCloser_1968.jpg

Lovely pics. I have never seen a dragon so red. How is it for cleaning?

Sorry, never got a notice of this reply...

For cleaning you just wait for it to dry then scrape it up... After a while the clay will prolly have to be junked and redone, since the liquid soaks in and only the solids can be removed...

Back