custom glass tank maker

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ckeadle

I am looking to have a custom glass tank made... do you all have any local recommendations?

thanks

30 long by 20-24 deep and 30 high

Those are odd dimensions, at those dimensions it will need to be 1/2'' inch glass. I wish I knew some one who did, you could always have the glass cut and build it yourself...

Matt

yeah they are odd dimensions... My acrylic tank is getting too many scratches and if i replace it I want to go taller.

Thanks for the link Charlie

No problem, the guy builds great tanks, and he will do odd sizes. He is also pretty cheap for the workmanship you get. He built my 300.

Hey Charlie - where are they based out of? it's a 403 area code, so doesn't look too local. I assume there is a shipping fee too?

I considered going with Interamerican out of Canada when I was looking for a new tank last summer.
His prices were very cheap compared to most. But the person who owns the company has a very bad rep with delivering on time and dealing with any problems with the tank.
I have talked to someone there a couple different times and they seem very pleasant, but reading the feedback on RC,( I contacted several of the people who had problems with IA and found out what the problem was from the person) made me go with Glasscages for my custom size.

I considered going with Interamerican out of Canada when I was looking for a new tank last summer.
His prices were very cheap compared to most. But the person who owns the company has a very bad rep with delivering on time and dealing with any problems with the tank.
I have talked to someone there a couple different times and they seem very pleasant, but reading the feedback on RC,( I contacted several of the people who had problems with IA and found out what the problem was from the person) made me go with Glasscages for my custom size.

It seems to me that the only time you hear something bad is when something goes wrong, and it seems to get blown out of proportion. You really never hear about all the good tanks he has built, do you???
Granted he has a lousy rep, but if you are patient, he does deliver a very, very good product.
Take it for what it is worth, I guess.

Oh, I did mean to say that I heard no complaints about the product, just about trying to deal with him. Getting on time delivery was the main problem.

But then I also had a delay in getting my tank delivered from Glasscages.

I think every manufacturer will have their downside. I am putting together a tank for a guy here locally and am dealing with Mitch right now. I think all you need to do is provide with as detailed a drawing as you can muster up. I don't know about glasscages, but when I ordered my tank 4 years ago, I had volumes of paperwork that I faxed to Mitch. The more the merrier!!!!

Does anyone have a local person that they used to build glass or acrylic? Shipping so far has been really expensive...

Back