Custom glass tanks here in the Seattle area

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jgalvin

Hi, i did a search and the last thread was from a couple years back, so thought i'd ask. Are there any custom glass aquarium manufactures in the Seattle area?

The only one i could find that would ship here is glasscages and they are changing $350 for shipping. I'm thinking of upgrading to a deeper tank, something like 36W X 30D X 18H would be perfect. Marineland has a 70g - (30X30X18), but would like something wider in the front. Marineland also has a 36X36X27, but didn't want to go that big (150g) or tall. Figure long shot, but thought i'd ask.

James

Not too my knowledge;

I just ordered a new tank, I did a ton of research on them and one thing I did find is GC is someplace I would stay away from. I was also informed by some distributors of Aqeon not to buy any of thier larger tanks, as the mfg has changed and they don't trust them to hold up, ( I currently have a 90g Aqeon that's 8yrs old no issues) so not trying to berate the company just trying to give info I was told.

The shipping costs are expensive but if you are going with anything other than a standard the custom cost is much more than the shipping.

Get a quote from Cy at Barrier he get's AGE, this is what I went with, there is also Felix at Reefsaavy, the only reason I went with Cy is/are good local company and I know he'll stand by what he sells, cost was slightly higher but being he is backing the mfg this just made more sense.

Also, we are neighbors, I'm in Kirkland also

Their is another thread on this subject and I think Rob at Red C said he can do it. I got mine also from Cy and the service was outstanding front to back.

Mike

In my research I missed Red C, I'll have to check your tanks out if I ever need a new one or if I'm asked about local companies, sorry for having not found you before.

Most of the local stores can get DEEP SEA AQUATICS tanks and are beautiful abiet expensive. 27 inches seems deep but it is perfect overall for corals that grow up and out. Others will agree upon seeing my beasty 250DD. Fish need room to swim too...lol. Marineland can do custom drilling and OF locations on boxes.

To my knowledge Marineland has lost all distribution in the area. The closest wholesaler is in Utah and they will not deliver to this area without a massive order. We can however arrange pickup in Southern Oregon. You'd have to be willing to drive 8-9 hours each way. Deep Sea Aquatics used to be our favorite supplier but there have been issues in the past few years. Lets just say there was water on the floor three separate times in a 1 year span and there was no accomodation on their end. We no longer use them for glass work. We now use AGE and their product is of better quality and less expensive than DSA. They are out of Texas so you will be paying for shipping/crate. As an added bonus you can get a glass aquarium with acrylic eurobracing and a pvc bottom! Drop a rock on the pvc bottom and its no big deal. Drop one on a glass bottom and you might be swimming with your fishes;) Hope this helps and good luck with your new project!

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone! I've already contacted Red C and they are working up a quote for me. I did not know Barrier Reef carried AGE (they're not listed on your website). I will call you today to see what a tank from them will run me. I did see you carried ELOS, but way too pricey for an aquarium.

I just when through Rob at Red C as well. He works with a custom glass guy in Marysville. My 100 gallon rimless tank is just about complete. They're just working on the overflow. I should have it within the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Back