Cyano is growing in my fuge again

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

More like siphoning your sandbed a section at a time. I wouldn't do more than 20-25% at once, but what you are trying to do is remove accumulated (and partially-broken-down) detritus.

So, first hope that cleaning your 'fuge does the trick.

Is cyano in the fuge really a problem? I have some in the fuge along with hair alge, but my main tank is spotless. It all started growing when i lit the fuge 24x7. As long as it stays down there, I don't worry about it. The fuge keeps my main tank awesome. It has been that way for a year or more since I added the fuge.

shallowreef, do you use RO/DI water? Hopefully you do. I had a serious battle with cyano which covered the back of my tank and beginning to cover all my rocks. I was using tap water/well water. I procrastinated getting an RO/DI unit for some time and just thought I needed to try all the LFS methods of battling the cyano. I tried Phoszorb and all those type of product along with turkey basting, lots of mechanical filtration, reduced feeding to every other day and water changes. It didn’t help until I started using RO/Di. It just melted away.

Back