Dallas' Orca Orphek Ocean - 480g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well some good news, i receive my stand this evening, so now i can start with the build and pic posting :)

also been looking at supplementing my Orpheks with sunlight, getting the guys to come around and quote on solar tubes

well i got my stand :)
now i can move ahead and build
A10C3B30-0F42-4311-9E26-49C60DCD7365-3389-00000346857D1D29.jpg

Wao.. this sure will be an awesome build! Looking forward to see the final product. Those orpheks look stunning... your corals will love it!

ok thanks to some great friends for the help and getting the show on the road! today we did the hardest part, getting the stand joined and level. we added 30mm polystyrene and placed the first base panel on to get things level before we start with the build.
the floor was a little skew, so i have added steel plates so that the stand touches all the way round.

so after a great breakfast and some chatting we started....

It is always nice to make progress in the right direction. Great job.

So who( in the pics ) is the boss, and which one are you? I see two guys, one in yellow, and one in red, that have their arms folded and are doing alot of watching. LOL

Yeah Kirk, but he is speaking a different language, metric language. I need to get my conversion table out. We get sunshine here, I think it was on July 29th. LOL Nice build by the way, going to be really, really nice. Welcome to RF.

I am assuming the front pane will be placed after your dividers have been installed?
How much spacing did you leave in the corner seams??
Is the double bottom panes flush with each other??
I didnt see any holes drilled for your overflows. Are you drilling after assembly?
How many tubes of silicone have you used?
Are you going to let the seams cure, then trim off squeeze out, then apply a protective corner bead?

Sorry for all the Qs I am a self admitted DIY junkie. LOL

Back