Dallas' Orca Orphek Ocean - 480g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looking really nice! I can hardly wait to see how this one turns out!
thanks

Great job. How did you keep the corners square?
i used corner clamps

I am assuming the front pane will be placed after your dividers have been installed?
How much spacing did you leave in the corner seams?? 4mm
Is the double bottom panes flush with each other?? yes they are
I didnt see any holes drilled for your overflows. Are you drilling after assembly? i am going to drill the back pane this week before i place the front pane
How many tubes of silicone have you used? so far 10 tubes
Are you going to let the seams cure, then trim off squeeze out, then apply a protective corner bead? i have cleaned the outside while it was wet, i will let cure for another day then apply protective bead once front pane is on

Sorry for all the Qs I am a self admitted DIY junkie. LOL
no prob i am one too

How are you going to leak test this?
very slowly, 100L at a time

How did I miss this build??
Looks like you guys have done awesome work, I like the three seprate sections all in one tank. Will be very cool when its full.
Keep up the awesome work and the pictures.

Steven

Well work has had me busy, but a lot has changed for the good, instead of sump etc under the tank, I have decided to use my garage as a fish and sump room. I will now have a 1000L sump with 2 300L LR tanks and coral frag tanks, also a 6ft DIY fluidised sand bed filter. For nitrate and phosphate control will be using orca Nitra guard bio cubes.
So this should bump my system up to 3000L

Also looking at geo thermal heating and cooling as we have warm winters and warmer

dallas,

i have the same setup with all my equipment in the garage..i love it !!! can view pics from my flickr account which is a link under my signature...

total water volume for me is approx 500 gallons, with the main tank being 375g

We are all waiting over here in the states to see this beauty. It is too bad that work always gets in the way of something really important, but it is what pays for our passion.

Back