Damaged BTA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I should probably clarify a bit about our tank. While it has only been set up at our house for about 3-4 months. A large majority of it (75%) or so came from another established tank that was running for about 2 years.

Our BTA this morning is moving about some and looks a lot better than yesterday. It seems to be pulling in on itself where it is damaged to protect itself and a larger majority of it looks 'normal' than before. Ammonia and nitrite/nitrate levels are still undectable in the tank and everything else is as stable as we can make it. I've been doing small water changes every few hours to try and keep it as stable as possible too (2-3 gallons) but I am quickly running out of pre-made saltwater that I had already prepared.

steve-s said:
I don't mean this as a "shot" but one time possitive result is by no means a future recipe for success. While the possibility for this does exist, the reality is these types of invertebrates are simpley far to sensitive to their environment and more often than not placing them in a young tank is not a wise choice. :cool:
Cheers
Steve

ok but this anenome was suddenly eaten in this case that was not a result of the age of the tank but of other things like predators and thats what needed to be brought out not factors unrelated to it !

Back