damsel dilema

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jake65

Any tips or tricks on how to capture my yellowtails (without removing any rockwork or getting a damsel eating fish...lol) Thought about getting a blowgun and...JK

thanx in advance
jake

Removing the rockwork worked for me, only thing that did when I had to get 2 stripped damsels out of my first 75 gallon. Quick little buggers aren't they?

If you starve them you will catch them all in the trap and just put back the ones you want to keep. LOL
I had my blueface, and my naso both in my fish trap at once when I was trying catch my moray. The only one that was smart enough to get the food out with out going in way my bicolor angel.

Try at night after the lights have been off for an hour or so. Keep the ambient room light low and be sure to watch where each fish hides just before the lights go off.

Most fish are amaxingly easy to catch this way. They don't see it coming.

Cheers
Steve

I used a large glass jar. Placed it in tank and added a couple small pieces of frozen food at each feeding and then dropped the rest of the food in the general vicinity of the jar. I did this for a couple of days. At first the fish wouldn't go in the jar. By the fourth or fifth day the every fish in the tank was swimming in and out of the jar with no fear. Once your fish is in there pigging out place net over the mouth of the jar and lift it out. It was all to easy. :lol:

Back