Damsels acting up

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jeffnewt

Barred Morey
My blue Damsels have seemed to have a few differences as of lately. I see some bite marks on the fins and tail, mabye even a few marks on the sides. Useally these guys get along, I thought they were paired a few months ago, now they can't seem to decide. And I could have sworn they pushed a pile of snail shells around last week. What the heck is going on?

a change of heart. :D I don't but Damsels can become very territorial, maybe they've decided to part ways and are arguing over who gets what.

i would say damsels are sweet fish but awnry little bastards.. i had a nice one once.. then he turned not nice anymore.. ive never had a blue one though.

Last edited:
I thought they were paired a few months ago
They're probably going through a divorce. :D

Their behavior is often times a response to a new or very low on-going stressor. If it is a stressor that has recently appeared or an ongoing one, then look for recent changes and long term effects including, but not limited to:
added fishes
reduced territory
insufficient or the wrong kinds of nutrients
perceived lack of resources
water quality (or environmental issues)

The fish 'sense of survival' overcomes many a peaceful fish.

Smack the agressor with the handle of a net he will learn to play nice.:) JK dont do that.....
Sorry I couldnt help myself.:) Might be time to find one of them a new house.

Don

Don it seems eco isn't the only one trying to train fish this way

Smack the agressor with the handle of a net he will learn to play nice.:) JK dont do that.....
Sorry I couldnt help myself.:) Might be time to find one of them a new house.

Don

Back