Dawn's new 36 bowfront aquarium

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Great plate. I bought a small piece of liverock awhile back cuz i saw what looked like a tiny tiny plate growing on it. Which it was, but i wasnt expecting it to have orange purple green and a tint of blue in it. It looks alot like yours but with some orange.

Great plate. I bought a small piece of liverock awhile back cuz i saw what looked like a tiny tiny plate growing on it. Which it was, but i wasnt expecting it to have orange purple green and a tint of blue in it. It looks alot like yours but with some orange.

Wow I bet its really pretty. The colors on mine are not spectacular but I still think it is very pretty and I've never had a plate coral before. My LFS had a beautiful open brain but it was a bit out of my price range right now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a close up of some of my other corals plus I'm practicing posting pics at the same time. I think I'm kinda getting the technology thing finally???????

I should've at least cleaned up the sand before I took those pics. Today is maintenance day but it was more fun taking photos than lugging water. But alas, thats where I am off to now!

Beautiful picture :) What do you mean, clean up the sand? I've never done that before. Lol

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Beautiful picture :) What do you mean, clean up the sand? I've never done that before. Lol

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Sorry, poor choice of words. I meant I should have stirred up the surface of the sand since that part of the tank still has some diatomous algae.

LOL Nana, now that I read it in the vain you wrote it I get a real chuckle! You mean you don't keep your tank pristine either? My fish tank is cleaner than a lot of things at my house, is that scarey or what?

LOL Nana, now that I read it in the vain you wrote it I get a real chuckle! You mean you don't keep your tank pristine either? My fish tank is cleaner than a lot of things at my house, is that scarey or what?

Don't know about scary but besides reefing we have something else in common-lol!

Just letting you know I think your tank looks real good
Thanks Mech, since I downsized from a 90 gallon, my bow front looks really showy! The same amount of corals plus a few in a smaller area. I do think I need more color though. I have some space up near the clam with good light and flow so I'm going to look for some blue or purple acropora and maybe a pink birds nest. I've been wondering if a strip or two of colored LEDs would enhance the corals I have?

Wow that explains the fullness it looks good that way
i can say when I switched from p.c. To LEDs it made the colors really pop out

That's what I'm thinking too. I just spent $300 on this new T5 fixture in December. I'm hoping to incorporate the LEDs along with the T5s because I'm pretty happy with the growth and response of my corals to the HO lighting.

Remember that brain coral I wanted but it was more than I thought I should spend? My husband surprised me with it for an early valentine's gift! What a guy!!!
1005394x.jpg

1005398ye.jpg

With these new corals, I needed to adjust my aquascaping a bit. What do you think...am I getting too closed in and losing that open, cavey look I had?

Hi all! I know I haven't posted in quite awhile but just letting you know I'm still in the hobby. My tank is doing well although almost had a disaster yesterday. We had a power outage in the night and apparently a surge fried my controller that was for my chiller and it ran continuously. Since my tank is only about 35 gallons of water, (and I've had my heater unplugged since the lights keep everything warm enough)it cooled down fast. Cool as in 50 degrees when I got up!!! All my fish were laying on the sand, it was horrifying. Anyway I immediately unplugged the chiller and began warm water changes. Only a half gallon at a time so as to not shock anything that might have a chance of survival. Amazingly 4 fish survived, (3 damsels did not), and all the inverts made it. I am very thankful the problem was caught as soon as it was before the tank got any colder. I'll try to post pics of how the tank has changed over the past year. My LPS and clam have grown a lot.

Back