DBM's DSA NEO 105

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

this ones for you PEPPIE, sing along now....blue moon, blue moon, blue moon.....BLACK moon tahitian moon sand!!!!!!!!

MY opionion on the "need" for aragontite or otherwise calcium carbonate based substrate in a reef tank is basically nil when you consider the high ph we run in them in the first place how much of that sand is actualy breaking down fast enough to help buffer our water? what about bare bottom? imo substrate is for looks first and critters second so why not use what you like or the critters need.

You mean the first one that came in? LOL what a small world. I was glad that worked out well for everybody.

Ya I hit up like 5 places looking and pricing out tanks. Then hit up my LFS on the way home to hear about this new tank there going to be stocking, and they had one on order ( yours ) but it would take like 3 weeks to get one in for me. I don't like waiting lol. Ended up putting a down payment for one, and got a call like 2 days later they got one in that had one with clear rather then the black they ordered.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB
Well here's a small update fixed the side wall
And removed the wood paneling off the back wall
Now I need to mud sand seal and throw some wainscot
Up and the wife's wallpaper. Then I can start cutting
New holes in the walls lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB
Last edited:
Still up in the air, I have some 400 watt metal halide ballets sitting around. But still need pendants and bulbs, or for about the same price I could get 2 of the D120- 55x3w 120w Max Power from Barrier Reef Aquariums, and maybe a 3rd one Down the road if needed. Trying to stay under $500 for the lighting

I want to go led but right now i have 2 nice halide set-ups that just need bulbs so i will probably run those for now.
I would like to sell these set-ups at one point but probably wouldnt get enough to make it worth my time at that
point I will just keep them as they are paid for and newer electronic ones and good reflectors.

For now I have the 150 HQI from my bio cube on the tank with some T8, that's my hold me over lights tell I can sell the cube lol.

Got a small amount done today. The wifes wallpaper shows up tomorrow which of course means more work for me!
still need to sand and finish the mudding but i ran out LOL

So heres a quick shot of the small amout of progress

Attachments

• sheetrock.JPG
    sheetrock.JPG
    85.9 KB
wow, really comming along huh! I just got my wall plastered last night and am now dreading the sanding tonight.

Kevin, I have got a beltsander with some 60 grit you are more than welcome to use.
I must say I have seen some fake rock climbing walls that have much small finger holds!!

Jess, looks like you have done dry wall some time in the past

Ya not looking forward to sanding either but it is a small area.
Ya I have done small amouts of drywall before with my uncle....either way ive done way to much LOL

It will be awhile since I have to get the walls around it done first. Plus I have worked 6 weekends straight and I'm on my 7th right now.
still messing with it almost everyday just not huge amounts of time so it will be awhile

Back