DBM's DSA NEO 105

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Seen that skimmer in person today....and OMG its DEAD silent and the foam column looks like cream. oh and the pics don't do the fish room and wallpaper justice. its a must see in person!

Looking GREAT Jess!!!

Coming along nicely Jesse. The pump and impellar housing sure give that skimmer some coolness factor. I'm glad you posted sideways pictures. I always need a reminder to stretch my neck.

I'm trying to make some more sideways pics for you today duane! LOL Ya that skimmer is pretty sweet. Thanks guys

Ok so I know Im in trouble as I have not posted here in a while! I have been busy with all kinds of things that dont include my tank!:frusty:

But I have painted the wainscot and my sump stand in the garage. I also chopped a hole in the garage wall to check for wiring/plumbing.
I will be putting holes thru to the garage probably this weekend.

Ok so I know Im in trouble as I have not posted here in a while! I have been busy with all kinds of things that dont include my tank!:frusty:

But I have painted the wainscot and my sump stand in the garage. I also chopped a hole in the garage wall to check for wiring/plumbing.
I will be putting holes thru to the garage probably this weekend.

Yea, I'd like to see some pics also.
Be sure to get one of the plumbing going thru the wall.
I would like to compare your pic to Kevins pic, and just see for sure... who has the biggest HOLE! LMAO

Dont ya hate it when life gets in your way?

Any updates on this? You are going to plumb through the wall into the garage for your sump correct? I'm interested in seeing some pics on how you plumb it through the wall as I'm looking to do the same thing in a couple months when I get into my new house.

LOL costco will do that to a guy!!

1- No I have not given up on this
2- No I have not sold this and flew to another country
3- YES I actually have made a little progress since i was on here before!

I will try and get a few new pics up in the next couple of days but
here is a short description of what I HAVE gotten done.

* The room where the tank is, is actually done and I put the holes thru
the wall and put bulkheads in them
* The 40 breeder that needed to be drilled is done (2 times) thank god
they were purchased on the dollar a gallon deal at petco!
* Alot of the plumbing is done
* 45 tall for mixing tank is drilled and has a bulkhead in it.
* The sump area is painted
* My value fixture leds are here and have been for a while
* My sons new bmx bike is built and he has been racing it! <----this is where ive been and work of course.

:crazy:

Ok so I found a few pics on my phone that I can post for now

I also got the back painted

And the water heater moved

Heres part of the 45 tall mixing tank

Some of the sump plumbing

The clear hose will be the out when doing a water change, I will probably get something else with
less memory in it (coil)

Here is a manifold I did if I ever want to try to run a reactor off the same pump as the return

Here it is in place

And last but not least this is where I am going thru the wall
There is actually 1 more hole thru now for the few power cords I will need

I had a feeling your lack of RF usage had something to do with 2 wheels. Is it a winning BMX design???

Jess, your build is coming along great! It seems to go smoother when you are not under pressure or it not being your first time build. ( less the 40 drilling)

Thanks for the pics of your holes

Ya he is doing pretty good with the BMX thing he loves it and doesnt really like t-ball which is good for me to
I think if I had to do more T-ball games I would end up in jail!! some of these parents are acting like they are in the
mafor leagues, Yelling at them and making it kind of a negative experience in my opinion.

First race trophy!

New bike that I had to build since the other was almost to small to begin with

And yes I think this tank will be awesome not being in a huge hurry is nice. Although I am getting anxious
and really only have to button up a little plumbing and it could be wet!

The only hurry I have now is the wife!! "get this crap out of my nice new room!!" LOL

(talking about the boxes of plumbing and stuff like that)

Last edited:
Back