Dec frag trade pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brianblack

OK since the other thread is long maybe do a monthly thing for frag trades. I will post some pics tomorrow since I just fragged a few things and Anthony imparted his photographing wisdom to me just a week ago. Ben are you OK with leathers?
First 3 are orange skirt green centers last 2 are dk green WYSIWYG

Last edited:
Agreed. Pics look good. Leathers would be appreciated. I'm trying to put together a few things that you guys don't have. I'll try to post pics here. My camera just came back from repair. Unfortunately it doesn't allow me to manual focus so the pics may not be the best.

I bought some of these today. I'll frag'em out on the 17th if they survive shipping.

Last edited:
Holy ********* Where did ya get them?? Sweet! Just take a wood chisel and work it underneath the zoo's taking some rock fragments with it. I think it is the best way since you then have something to glue to. They will grow back in the area you removes them from also it is a good idea to occasionally frag some out of the center of the colony. They may squirt so wear eye protection and some Zoo's do not agree with people so wear some gloves. Do it in a seperate container and do not put that water back in the tank.

Ebay. Some guy east of me in Jersey. I'm trying to find out if he has a storefront. He has lots of really cool stuff. hamuskinny is the guy's Ebay name if you'd like to browse his store. If it turns out that this is a shop, I can pick up orders for you guys and save on shipping. UPDATE-Here's the response from the seller: "I own a small coral farm. I have tons more than what is listed on ebay. I also take special requests for fish, inverts and corals. My normal business hours are 12-6 mon-sat." Might be worth a road trip some day.

Last edited:
Yes Road trip for sure!! Steve what ya thinkin? This weekend I may have a Legend Chassis setup class in Richmond - not concrete trying to find out details.

I work this weekend. off the following. whats the name of the ebay store?

Rob is a great guy. Excellent product, he has quite a bit of stuff. The store is in the basement of another store, so it's a little hard to find, but I always stop when I'm in the area.

Hey guys if you are interested I have three devils hand leathers fragged and growing nicely in my tank that are yours if you want them... I'm going to cut my yellow fiji leather next if anyone would like a frag let me know...

ed are you able to make the 17th? if so let me know i will pm you directions.

I'll take a leather if you're offering Ed. Hopefully I'll see you on the 17th. I'm going on vacation this week, so don't expect to hear from me until Sunday morning. Also, I have some of this sea matt to frag. It would be a frag of a frag, but it makes great carpet and supposedly grows well.

Last edited:
I have three devils hand frags,well two now .. :D , they are about the size of a fifty cent piece and they are not attached to anything except some substrate and small shells. If you want I could leave them that way or attach them to a small piece of rock its your choice. Im going to cut my yellow fiji leather as soon as I get the chance to do it. For some reason the devilshand fragged itself once it attached to a rock .I had about nine frags before it was finished.

We still on for today? I'm back on the ground nursing my tanks back from a one week vacation.

Back