deep fry or bake

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

deep fry or bake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Apprentice said:
I have never tried it Maybe this is the year:D

Ive been saying that for 10 years, never get around to buying one. I do need to run out and get a new baster. For some reason ours gets lost every year.:)

Don

well Jiddy bom bom, i have never tried it :( and i'm not healthy at all hehe :D .
Well Charly, i haven't done it in quite some time but in Mexico my grandma and i used to inject the turkey with white wine and orange juice a day before. then we would just put around some pepper, salt, and garlic and let it sit.
then we would make some sweet picadillo which is like ground meat with carrots, potatoes and some raisins and the sweet stuff that we call piloncillo (i don't know how you call it in english :p) to make it sweet.
then you put all that inside the turkey and let it cook for a long time.
ohh yeah i miss those days :rolleyes: :oops:

Deep Fried with injection of marinade

My Dad is the Best Cook. He spoiled me with Deep Fried. He injected some type of marinade in it. I wish I was in Illinois for his Turkey.:)

Gabster, that sounds good. I learned in Southeastern Asia (philippines) that they maridane poultry with orange juice and vinegar. Might be the Spanish influence. I just made my marinade of oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, orange juice and let it chill around for an hour before I'll inject the liquid part of it into that 25 lbs bird. Krish, I wish I'd be like you and inject this staff into a living thing. lol
Guys, next year I'd like to have half turkey baked and half deep fried. I can't decide. Too many choices, and why have to choose?

lol thank you.
your marinade sounds really really good :) dood i bet it tastes awesome !!!.
well what you can do is have baked turkey for thanks giving and fried turkey for Christmas :).

Oh defiantly baked...I just slip the end of the box open, slide out the tray, and put it in the oven. The real trick is remembering to remove the plastic film from the apple bits before baking. mmmm mmmm... :rolleyes:

Actually My mom in law made an excellent turkey (baked) I really want to try the deep fried though, it sounds really good.

LOL!! Stan you are hilarious :lol:
hey you forgot to say that you are suppose to leave the dessert and the cranberry sauce covered :lol:

Back