deltec mce600 users.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

randymon

I'm trying to jusify buying one of these for my 125 softy reef. I have had an ongoing battle with hair algae that is 85% gone but kinda at stalemate. Hoping this will help get rid of whats left. Anyone buy one of these for the same reason, and did it help? Believe me I have tryed everything else short of turning off all the lights. Current skimmer is Remora pro with mag 3 and skimmer box.

macro?? (in sump)

Ill tag with this one, cause i got some algae, that ive bin fighting for like 6 months...
Ive at last gotten it to almost 97% of tthe killer algae in the sump... Its resontly over powerd my cheto to death.. but at least its in the sump

I have never owned a deltec........just drool all over them cuz i can't afford one.:(

aquac remora pro. durr dude. if i was you, i would keep remora pro. deltec is waaay too expensive and its not nessesary, it might skimm a little better but the exchange is not worth it. the 600 is like 400$ dude. not worth it.

Check this skimmer out...Mark (skimmerwhisperer) swears by them and actually sent me this link in a pm the other day and also posted it on another thread here recently. Basically what I gathered is this is to Deltec what ASM is to Euroreef. Basically the same thing just cheaper. He said this skimmer would outperform any Euroreeefs and Octopus skimmers rated for the same sized tanks:)

http://stores.petorama.net/Detail.bok?no=73

Last edited:
Back