Deltec MCE600 vibration

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

paulolivier

anyone got suggestions to cut the vibration on my skimmer i just got of ebay. when you touch the body there is a definite vibration, i think its the bushes on the impeller spindle, is this a common problem with these skimmers? also there seems to be quite a large amount of bubbles coming out of it. this is a replacement for a red sea prizm.

I've never owned a Deltec skimmer....here's a bump for you....

have you pulled the pump out of the bottom of the skimmer and soaked in vinegar? or is it new?
the aquabee 2000 should be very quiet when in proper working order.
also, it should stop putting bubbles in the tank after it breaks in for a week.

have you pulled the pump out of the bottom of the skimmer and soaked in vinegar? or is it new?
the aquabee 2000 should be very quiet when in proper working order.
also, it should stop putting bubbles in the tank after it breaks in for a week.

yes i took it all apart and cleaned the pump. i managed to make it quieter in the end by stuffing bubble wrap each side of the pump. there is still a slight vibration almost like a mains hum sound, i have emailed a uk supplier to get some new bushes for the impeller, i have heard that worn bushes can cause vibration.

I have one and I have yet to silence mine. I have unfortunately come to live with it. I have been trying to get a new pump to try a replacement but have yet to be able to find someone that can get me a new pump either.

I have one and I have yet to silence mine. I have unfortunately come to live with it. I have been trying to get a new pump to try a replacement but have yet to be able to find someone that can get me a new pump either.

i suppose its not that bad noise wise, certainly quieter that the red sea prizm it has replaced.

Back