Denitrator Filter

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok thank you all for your help. I will get a vacume and use it at the same time I'm changing water. Disgard it and replace with new. Do some target Nitrate testing and get some Macroalgae for the Sump.
I have been using Nitrate pellets for the sump for the last 2 months and dont see any improvement.

test the marine snow first A White, I dont think you will have to look much farther.

Mojo

what brand of biopellets, how much,and do you have them in a media reactor??
and if yes, how much flow is going through them??
and did you dose the system with bacteria? if yes what type?

you've got to be patient w/ the pellets.... the biopellets dont just fix your issues in a couple months...
it took about 3+mo. before i actually saw positive results in the display.
they've been in my system now about 6 months and no pest algae...
and thats if you employ them properly.. if wrong amount/flow/no reactor then they take even longer...

Krish in real life marine snow is fish poo and similar detritus, it also has all the bacteria and other planktons attached to it trying to reduce it (eat). The product marine snow is made by Jullien from two little fishes, it like the real thing is aboutt he same. I really like Jullien but I have never understood why folks would dose it as if they have fish their getting it already. I would asy for a person dosing it daily or every other day its got to be worth about 10ppm nitrate.
Food is one of the things alot of flks dont spend alot of time thinking about when they add it to the tank. With all the things they need to add to it to keep it going while its on the shelf can be a tough one on your tank.

Mojo

Back