Deploying & moving

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bigblue141

Salty Squid
I just got word that I'm deploying in 2 weeks for a 6+ month deployment.

My wife and I have an offer on a house that's a short sell. If the seller's bank approves our offer, she will be moving in about 3 months when she'll be around 8.5 months prego.

I was wondering if in the event that we get the house if some people would be willing to help out for a day to tear down & set up my tank at our new house?

It's a 120 gallon acrylic, with 150+ lbs of live rock.

We are on Whidbey Island and are moving about 5-6 miles. I would be willing to compensate for your mileage and time if needed.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Hey Ryan, I certainly will help out if at all posible. Like Dave, with enough notice I would be happy to lend an experienced hand + truck, buckets etc...

Where/what region are you being deployed to as our thoughts & thanks will be with you.

Todd

Thanks everyone.

I will have her log on and let everyone know when she finds out what the move date if/when it happens.

Headed out to the Gulf I imagine. No "official" word, but all our operations are based out of there. I'll be in Airconditioned spaces the entire time, so it shouldn't be all that ruff. Just will be away from the family and my friends. :(

I guess this means I wont see you for a while.

Best wishes for your travelling and your safe return !

You are a great man!!

I cant help with the move ,but if somebody is driving by my shop I could provide ,cans,buckets, big towels ,sump pump , and air pumps for livestock.

ARSA

Thanks Rob.

I will let Rachel know and send her down before the move if it happens.

We are headed down through Seattle next weekend and will be stopping by. Hopefully you have pellets :) I'm almost out.

First, thank you for your service to our country !!!!

Second, with several days notice I could help on a weekend..TJL lives around the corner and I am sure we could work out a carpool or something.

(Todd, hopefully I didnt speak out of line).

thanks
Kirk

I am more then happy to help move the tank, if I have the day off work. Keep us updated. Thank you for doing what you do.

Last edited:
Hey ffloyd and thatguy,

Can you guys send me your contact info to:

[email protected] so I can fwd your info to the wife?

To everyone else,

Thank you very much for the offers, I am unsure if I will have internet on the ship. Hopefully I can walk the wife through logging on and getting on the message board to contact ya'll for help.

Thank you again, and see you all when I return next year sometime.

Ryan

much of Oct, Ill be gone in Oregon.....but beyond that I still can help should you need additional hands (of course with some notice)

Hey Ryan, take care my man and will look forward to seeing you again next year. You have my tel # so if needed on moving day have her give me a call and maybe Kirk and I can lend a hand or just stand around like supervisors drink coffee and direct traffic.

Todd

I can be around with some notice as well. I'm not much for lifting, but I have a big truck and trailer. I'm up by the border but its not to far.

I am in Portland and am moving into a larger house on the 1st of October. I have room.....but I am also new here and I wouldn't imagine it would be recommended to trust a "new member" with your tank. Just thought I would offer though.

edit* nevermind...I see you got it sorted out.

Back