Detached mushroom

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

snobanker

So I have this one particular blue mushroom on a rock. The other day I noticed that the stem of the mushroom seemed like it was "twisted" down to nothing. The mushroom itself looked fat and fine as usual. A couple days later the "twisted" spot separated and the perfectly healthy looking mushroom floated to a different spot in the tank. In the part that was left on the original rock was a new little mushroom growing. Is this normal?...I've seen my mushrooms detach and reattach, but I don't believe I ever saw one separate that way before.

This mushroom was just serious about leaving, that's all. The only time I've seen them bud like that is when something nearby is messing with them.

Hmm, I'll have to se if anything is bothering the rest of the mushrooms in that spot...thanks :)

Stan it is just a plot to take over your tank. Next thing you know they will be all over the place and you won't like them anymore.

:rolleyes: I figure if I strive to have a tank full of mushrooms, aiptasia, nuisance algae, mantis shrimp, hairy leg crabs, and other such unwanteds I'll have them and be a total success, or I will be a failure and have a nice reef tank....:lol:

Funny thing is, I checked my small 27 gal reef yesterday and noticed a small mushroom detached and was just floating around the water. Well, luckily I had some filter floss and it went on the filter floss...before going to the garbage :p

I'm afraid of those things. I have several big ones and small ones keep on growing underneath those and spreading. I will probably have to take the rocks out and err...pluck em somehow.

Not that I have time for any of that...but I can think of it...lol

- Ilham

Gabby That was a blue that detached and there are some little blues growing there...when they get bigger I'll give you one

Back