DI filter or should I by RO DI?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Roly

Go WhiteSox!
I was in the process of buying an RO DI sytem for about $125.00. It seems like a very good one too. However on a trip to Petco I saw that they were selling an NI filter that you can screw onto your sink for $34. Will this be good enough for my tank? Will this help to decrease the chances of algae?
(Oops I spelled b"U"y wrong) :)

Last edited:
the $34 ones are good for about 50 gallons and then ok for maybe another 50. You will go through them too fast. for 100 you can get a good rodi off ebay.

I agree, if I was to do it again, there is a company that is always listed on Ebay that has great stuff for very reasonable prices. RO is the way to go.

Mat

Mat, what company is that? Im lookin at the WaterGeneral RO6100+DI. Does anyone have this one?

Are their any RO DI systems that you dont have to connect under the sink? An RO DI system that you just take out when you want to do a water change? Its just that I dont have a lot of room underthere and I would rather just take something out than have to install something and have to leave it there.

I have the water general 6100, It has worked flawlessly for 2 years. No you dont have to mount any rodi under the sink. There are plenty of faucet adapters easily had.

Don

yeah...the one that you are looking at can connect to your faucet..you just have to buy the adapter ...that is what i did, but i ended up just hooking it up under the sink..you could always hook it up under a bathroom sink if there is more room in there!! just to be sure, are you looking at the one from filterdirect????

Thanks guys!:) Im gonna order it then. By the way, how often do you have to change the filters on these systems?

Thanks again guys. I think I got what I need. Im going to order the system and the adapter for the faucet tonight.

Back