Diet?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pickles

meow
Should I feed my fishes the same thing all the time or should I give them some variety? If so, what are some other options other then the frozen tiny shrimp I am feeding them? Thanks all!

I feed my fish a mix of formula 1, formula 2, mysis, and brine. all frozen. I mix it up and store it in the fridge, feed off toothpick 2x a day. I supplement with formula 2 flakes for a snack. a couple times a week I put in some really small peices of frozen krill that's thawed for them to eat as well. I got the first mix recipe from Kevin, and altered it. They LOVE it! Just some ideas.

Mysis really isn't a filling diet if exspecially if that is all you are feeding. To narrow down what you should be feeding kind of depends on what kind of fish you have. If they are all tangs then switch to way more of a veggie diets. I put about 10+ different things in the food I make to fulfill everyone needs. Take a look here:
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27014

Thanks, and good luck :)

-augustus

But I didnt say all I fed was mysis, What I was saying is that I mix those things together into a food. it's pretty complete. I also feed flakes as treats. I got that recipe (although somewhat altered) from someone here on RF who does the same thing, and I recommend it highly. If your curious see if you can look up KevinPo and ask him for his formula mix. Quite good. at least the fish think so!

Last edited:
I think the "tiny shrimp" is what's being referred to. If they're tiny, there's a chance they're brine shrimp, which are less nutritional than mysis shrimp.

A varied diet is the best route to go. There's lots of great dried, frozen and fresh foods available. There's also the option of making your own fish food. Just make sure to feed quality foods and mix it up.

But I didnt say all I fed was mysis, What I was saying is that I mix those things together into a food. it's pretty complete. I also feed flakes as treats. I got that recipe (although somewhat altered) from someone here on RF who does the same thing, and I recommend it highly. If your curious see if you can look up KevinPo and ask him for his formula mix. Quite good. at least the fish think so!

As Sid said, it was more of an answer to "miss pickle" :D

Thanks,

-augustus

Back