Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I am using 2 820 seios and one 900 maxi jet on my RK2 with no problems what so ever. They have a soft start so they don't clank!

Matt

I am using 2 820 seios and one 900 maxi jet on my RK2 with no problems what so ever. They have a soft start so they don't clank!

Matt

Its not a "true" soft start. There is no oscillating current frequency. More of a current ramp. Not good for seio's.

Don

great! thanks for the info guys:) It seems I got better response here then the digital aquatics thread on RC. seems like he's has been avoiding some of my questions. I must be a big bug. lol

thanks again everyone

Last edited:
great! thanks for the info guys:) It seems I got better response here then the digital aquatics thread on RC. seems like he's has been avoiding my some of my questions. I must be a bib bug. lol

thanks again everyone

Its tough for a manufacturer to give a definitive answer about someone elses products. One says yes and the other says no. Is it just the fact that other wants you to buy their product? Who knows. Its simple to see that the rk2 isnt true soft start but I dont know any one that has tested the seio controller to see if it is or not. Based on its size I kind of doubt it but components are getting smaller nowadays.:)

Don

Hi Don:)
thanks again for all this great info. would you know if i can hook it up to a wireless bridge?

Thx:)
Its tough for a manufacturer to give a definitive answer about someone elses products. One says yes and the other says no. Is it just the fact that other wants you to buy their product? Who knows. Its simple to see that the rk2 isnt true soft start but I dont know any one that has tested the seio controller to see if it is or not. Based on its size I kind of doubt it but components are getting smaller nowadays.:)

Don

Hi Don:)

It's rj-11 . I have adapter for serial port and USB.

Then basicly its a serial based controller. You would need a network serial server and a port redirector on your pc then youd have access from your laptop on the couch.

Don

huh:eek: sry.
I currently have a wireless network going.

thanks again Don for your help:)
Then basicly its a serial based controller. You would need a network serial server and a port redirector on your pc then youd have access from your laptop on the couch.

Don

Back