dipping toadstools

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mr Tang

Is it poss to freshwater dip toadstools?
I had a pussy coral that died and when I spoke to lfs he said you can get nudi's on them that eat away at coral:eek:
So am guessing if this is the case the nudi maybe eating away on one of my toadstools that has started going limp.
If poss to freshwater dip how do I do it:D
TIA

let's see a pic!!!! it is most likely a water or lighting problem.....did you toss the coral out yet???...you can frag them and save areas that haven't been affected!!!

have you visibly checked the toadstool for predators??? i have never seen one on a toadstool..figi leathers have yellow ones..i think it is something else in the tank causing this....what other corals do you have in the tank..i had a colony of green star polyps that almost killed 2 of my huge toadstools........i had no idea what it was before i talked to Anthony.....do you have any mushrooms or any types of polyps in with it????

Yes you can dip the leather, I have many times. the same little nudi that like zoa's so much will eat leathers too, they are easy to spot though....I forget the name of them tough......but yes you can fw dip them....just make sure the temp is the same, and just shake it under water for a few seconds......

i agree that you would be able to see the nudi's if that was what was attacking your leathers..let me find an article about toxic corals...you have some of the worst ones!!!!

here is the thread.......
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19570

i have highlighted some of the outtakes for you....

Both are extremely chemically noxious. The GSP is one of the worst in the sea. I'm as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow that your GSP will eventually (months) kill the Heliofungia. Please move the GSP to near the overflow and use carbon and oir ozone in the syste to keep this coral from slowly poisoning others in time.

brutal may not even begin to describe the chemically noxiouspotency of GSP. Of the 100+ corals in the aquarium trade, GSP may easily make the top 5 most aggressive list. I can thing of few things that it will not burn, poison or overtake in time. A shame... so pretty too.

the top four, other than star polyps....
in no particular order though... corallimorphs (chemically noxious and dominant)... zoanthids (like corallimorphs)... enrusting gorgonian (Erythropodium species... quite like Briareum/GSP species)... most Alcyoniid leather corals, but especially Sarcophyton (exudates and mucus tunics sloughed... brutal on sps corals)... for stonies, Galaxea and most Euphylliids

yep!!! the toxins are all in the water...try running some carbon and doing some water changes..see if that helps..i keep my leathers in a completely different tank from everything else..i keep shrooms and polyps in a seperate tank as well

Back