Disappearing Orange Spotted Goby

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

miNiChher

Hey guys anyone know if it's normal for my goby to have disappeared for like 3 days?

I'm on here today researching what to feed my Purple Tilefish and my Orange Spotted Goby... if anyone can point me in the right direction (in regards to other threads) I'd appreciate it....

well I believe you have a sand burrowing goby. will find a spot to call home and hide out for awhile.

does it come out to feed when food is present and how long have you had it for?

They can hide for days, however do you have brittle star? I lost several fish to a large brittle and two were gobys.

I do have a brittle star!!! but it's body is not as big as the goby. Also, I haven't seen my six line wrasse in 3 days either... I just thought of that :( and they're not in my overflow... I just checked there. I wonder if my rock is hiding them :( this sucks, my wrasse was pretty cool looking too :(

I have has a Qrande spot goby and 2 brittle stars for months in a 55 with no problems. When ever I move any rock around my Orange Goby disapears for a few days but he always shows up. I would be carefull moving rock around looking for him as you may accidentely crush him. Oh yes my BS are not the green ones

Gobies are always a skittish group. I'll go 2-3 days w/out seeing my yellow watchman. I know he's eating pods because he doesn't show any signs of starvation. He'll come out when a certain food hits the water, takes his two to three bites and then burrows or sits on "his" rock. Free form swimmers they are not.

Back