DIY azoo refrigerated feeding system?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

another thing that uses this tech is a "ice probe" is the name,and probably cheaper than buying a fridge. i use one on my hydroponics easy cloner. a modification i made to keep the reservoir temp lower.

Thanks for the info Senji. I've seen the Ice Probe before but I hadn't considered that. I'm assuming that I would have to have some sort of enclosed circulating liquid to submerse the Ice Probe in? Or were you thinking that I could just have the Probe sitting in the open air in the box? It looks like the Ice Probe is about $120.

it gets cold either wat but was thinking u could reverse engineer the tech lor less than the cost of a wine cooler

I thought I should post something for an update here. The update is, that there are no new updates.

I'm finally getting around to the final year at UWT and the senior project is fast approaching. I have a couple guys I've been working with over the summer. We make a good team. We have been throwing around ideas for the project and they weren't particularly interested in the chiller/feeder.

However, I've proposed an idea for a remote video camera system. The basic idea would be a 2-D axis system that would fit over an aquarium. It would be low-profile so it would ideally fit under a typical lighting system. There would possibly be a 3rd dimension axis (Up/Down in depth). The camera would be submerged so that the user has the feeling of snorkeling near the surface with a rotational axis for the camera inside the sealed/submerged bubble.

So, the user would be able to move the camera Left/Right and Front/Back in the tank along with a 360 rotation of the camera allowing them to see almost all of the tank. More axis are possible, allowing tilt up and down, but we're computer engineers (not mechanical engineers). We don't want to set our sights too high and the mechanical component might be more challenging than we anticipate. We have to start small.

Once the camera feed and control (via some GUI we develope) can be completed on a computer tethered directly to the system, we can move forward with implementing it over the "net". It's a pretty cool concept that I could see public aquariums investing in so that the public could "swim" in their tanks via the internet. I'm not sure if it's been done before, but it seems like the next logical step for those of us who have cameras on our tanks. Why not try to make the camera more functional? If we do finally agree on a goal, I'll probably be posting up a thread here to follow it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to come back to this project some day in the future......

Back