diy for a 10 gal. nano?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Home Depot/Lowes. It will be in the lighting department in like 2x4 sheets.

went to lowes to day to try and get some eggcraet. they told me they didnt carry that. is there a special name for it there? forgot you said its in the lighting department.

Yeah the morons don't know what that name means. Tell them it goes over florescent lighting to disperse the light. Should be with the other clear plastic lighting cover material.

I'm not sure, I got mine at home depot and was just lucky enough to find it on my own. The eggcrate is used to cover florescent lighting in drop down ceilings. When I bought mine at home depot the other day there was some weird giberish on the receipt for the description that didn't actually say anything....

Yeah the morons don't know what that name means. Tell them it goes over florescent lighting to disperse the light. Should be with the other clear plastic lighting cover material.

yah, they thought i was looking for egg crates. i had to explain what it was. and got noware.

I'm not sure, I got mine at home depot and was just lucky enough to find it on my own. The eggcrate is used to cover florescent lighting in drop down ceilings. When I bought mine at home depot the other day there was some weird giberish on the receipt for the description that didn't actually say anything....

i was kinda in a hurry so i didnt look for it my self, all though i should have.

Hello cross, What your looking for is a "Light Diffuser Grid", used for ceiling mounted fluorescent lighting fixtures.

...If you really want to confuse the employees, just ask them for a bulkhead. :D

yeah, logiktest is right. they will think you are trying to build a ship or something.
if you are looking for a bulkhead, then try ziggy's. i thought i saw some near their South wall toward the West. i can't remember if it was with plumbing or sprinklers or what.

i am pretty sure i still have a 10 gal or two in Spokane. and loads of HOB filters plumbing bits and the lot. CHEAP
I can't remember what else i have, but there is still a bit there.

Hello cross, What your looking for is a "Light Diffuser Grid", used for ceiling mounted fluorescent lighting fixtures.

...If you really want to confuse the employees, just ask them for a bulkhead. :D

now thats funny... like busdriver said they might think i want to build a ship or somthing...:lol:, thanks guys

i got it finely. it wasnt with the fixtures thought, it was a few rows down from them. thanks for geting me the tecnical term for it.

When i was at (HD or Lowes) i did find a 1/2" diamond bit for glass. have you thought about getting a couple 10 or 20 gal tanks for cheap and connecting them? .5 inch would be fine for that small of a tank. just use silicone or reef safe putty/epoxy. I think great stuff works too, but you have to rinse it or something...

When i was at (HD or Lowes) i did find a 1/2" diamond bit for glass. have you thought about getting a couple 10 or 20 gal tanks for cheap and connecting them? .5 inch would be fine for that small of a tank. just use silicone or reef safe putty/epoxy. I think great stuff works too, but you have to rinse it or something...

i don't understand, for what?

make one a refugium, one a display tank, and one a frag tank. it would also increase your water volume (add stability) have gravity tank water from one tank to the other and have one pump go from the bottom tank to the top tank...

make one a refugium, one a display tank, and one a frag tank. it would also increase your water volume (add stability) have gravity tank water from one tank to the other and have one pump go from the bottom tank to the top tank...

nah, i want to stay as simple as posible. thanks though

Back