DIY for August

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Any more ideas?

Ok, the meeting is about a month away and I need to start getting the prep work going and aquire any materials I may need. Anyone have any more ideas for the meeting? I think the scratch removal class would be good. ( and I don't have to haul the whole shop over for that :p ) ....throwing in the durso stand pipe would be quick and easy as well. Basic weld-on techniques would be easy and not require a lot of tooling either. If people want to do the DIY reactor, I need to know/ make a decision soon because that will require some tooling and quite a few supplies. So, please post here or PM me for what you would like to see. thanks, Brian

I would like a phosphate reactor type DIY also.

I do understand how a ton of tooling may make this type project unrealistic also... so what ever works best for you Brian!

maxi mod

I have had questions about adding a segment for maxijet mods. I'm sure Brad will be game, right Brad? If people speak up I will order another batch of the mod kits. I think it will go more smoothly this time since it's been done once.

Let me know if you are interested.

Colleen

The maxi-jet mod would be cool. I am ruling out the reactor due to the amount of equipment needed. (however, anyone that wants info on how to make flanges or what the best way to make the top removable would be, just ask at the meeting and we can go over it)

So I am thinking:

1) a quick Durso Standpipe class

2) basic weld-on techniques and the differences between weld-on types
( will also cover turning an old tank into a sump for the demo )

3) sanding, buffing and scratch repair

evite is out

THe evite is out; if you did not get one, my apologies but I think everyone was added that I was aware of. Send me another message if I missed you.. :confused:

We are happy to announce we are having another summer raffle at the Shark Reef to include a 50 pound box of jakarta rock and some other suprises... :)

This will be a great meeting so come out and support the club and Eric who has been a top notch club supporter all year long!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Should be a great meeting and picnic. I will have ,y grill down there for you on Saturday and you will have a beautiful area to enjoy each others comany.

Not to mention I will be getting in some grerat new stock this week and have a few other things up my sleeves too. So be sure to come.

Well tomorrow, Thursday August 17th we are recieving 250 NEW corals, 250 pounds of new Jakarta Rock on top of the 1000 pounds we already have, and a bunch of new inverts.

Better yet, we have now been open at Clear Creek Nursery for 4 years!!! (4 1/2 years total) So we are having a "Thank You" sale to blowout all these great new corals. Plus, ths is just in time for the PSAS meeting for all of you coming over on Saturday.

Sale starts: Thursday August 17th
Sale Ends: Saturday August 19th
Sale:
Buy any one coral at regular price and get the second coral of equal or lesser value for 50% off!!!

Saturday ONLY sale!!!
160 gallon salt buckets - $27.50 (Limit 1 per customer please)
15% off Dry Goods
10% off Fish and Inverts
Jakarta Live Rock $5.50/lb or $4.50/lb if you buy 50 lbs or more.
Ocean Pods ONLY $19.99

PSAS Raffle: 50 pound box of Jakarta Rock Superman Monti Frags and more!!!

Last edited:
For those of you who aren't interested in winning the 50 pound box of Jakarta Live Rock at the PSAS Meeting on Saturday, we will also be fragging out a Superman Monti for the raffle. My guess is we should get about 6-8 frags out of it. So be sure to come by on Saturday!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6210.jpg
    IMG_6210.jpg
    87.5 KB
  • IMG_6212.jpg
    IMG_6212.jpg
    78.6 KB
Adelaide from Ocean Pods will be at The Shark Reef on Saturday August 19th to answer any questions about her product and even have a sale on her Ocean Pods for only $19.99 a bottle. For more info on Ocean Pods go to http://www.oceanpods.com/

Big thanks to Adelaide for coming over for the PSAS Meeting!!!

Back