DIY RapidLED BC14 Help!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dsiu25

I bought a small BC 14 with a rapid LED retrofit. However both the whites and blues are on the same string (or so I think).
I went ahead and bought the two ELN-60-27D drivers necessary to dim the lights separately, but am beyond confused in how to re-wire my lights.

I've tried using youtube videos, their generic instructions, and forum posts but no luck, ( and I would like to avoid burning my lights)

If anyone is in the Seattle area (im in the Central District) and is willing to show me how to do it, I'd be willing to reimburse for your time/ frags or whatever to make it feasible.

Feel free to text me as well.

Thanks!!

If your blues and whites are already soldered together you will have to deconstruct the fixture and start from scratch. After that it should be as easy as following all the DIY diagrams out there and then you have to tune the drivers with the video on Rapid's web site.

So like trido said above you will have to deconstruct the entire wiring. This is done by desoldering all contacts. Reconstruct is easy. Get a piece of paper and draw out the lighting configuration with the positive and negative contacts. Then connect all of the white going positive to negative, and do the same with the blue. Now you have two separate circuits each having a positive and a negative lead that will go to your new drivers.

Ah, thanks for the replies! Yeah I actually think it is the solderless version, so I'm not sure how to redo it....

I've read up on it, but I'm still afraid to burn out the lights, especially since I don't have a multimeter to tune down my drivers correctly.

I'm honestly hoping to find someone that is familiar with LED retrofits that can show me how to do it in person if possible..

Back