SteelGluer

Materiasl list
1- 1' of 2" pvc
1- 1' of 3" pvc
1- 4" end cap
2- 3" to 2" reducer
1- 4" to 3" reducer
1- 4" slip This Is collection cup

1- First take 1 of the 3 to 2 reducers and drill 3 3/8 hole then 1 1/2" hole 1 at 12 1 at 3 1 at 6 1 at 9 oclock Look at pic.
2- Glue the 4" cap on upside down on 1 of the 4 to 3 on the one you just drilled holes in
3- Cut a 3" piece of the 3" glue to the to above
4- Take the 3 to 2 reducer glue that
5- Take a 8" piece of 2" insert to above (DO NOT GLUE)
6- Take the other 3 to 2 " reducer glue to 8" pipe
7- Cut a 3" piece of the 3" glue to above
8- Take the 4 to 3" reducer glue to abone
9- Take the slip glue to above (SEE NOTE)

(NOTE)On the inside of the slip take the remaining 2" pipe and insert it you have to take a dremil
and trim it a little for it to fit in.
Drill a 3/16 hole for tubing for the air diffuser between the seem on #3 It is where the 4" to 3" and the 3" to 4"
come together that is where the difuuser is going to rest.
You may need cpvc to hook up you power head which goes to the 1/2" hole.
Place a ball vaule between power head and skimmer to control flow.

Stay tuned for my DIY phos reactor for only $5.00 to build

Last edited:
Never mind figured it out. Where do you hook up the power head? in the 1/2" hole and then used the ball valve? How big of a power head. Thanks

keener1830 said:
Never mind figured it out. Where do you hook up the power head? in the 1/2" hole and then used the ball valve? How big of a power head. Thanks
Yes 1/2" I have the powerhead that came with my jebo it is a 600gph.

Intrested but do not understand directions can you elaborate?
The holes that are drilled firstly is a bit confusing sorry but I am new to this

Last edited:
caribbeanguy said:
Intrested but do not understand directions can you elaborate?
The holes that are drilled firstly is a bit confusing sorry but I am new to this
Here you go

Just curious what are the 3/8 inch holes actually for? is that the water return? Thanks..
Also curious if you can make the neck longer for more contact time with bubbles, or if that wouldnt work?

And what size powerhead/pump are you using for this? Is there a way to control the water lvl or is that what the ball valve is for? If the ball valve is for that is there another way to control the flow so as to use the full pump/powerhead power?

Just out of curiousity but shouldnt there be 2- 4 x3 " reducers, at least the way i read it, also what is the black band between the 4x3 and the 3x2 reducers just above the holes?

I have most the parts for this just not quite getting the put together here..,

Oh are the holes drilled in the 4x3 or the 3x2, looks like the 4x3 but you SAY in the 3x2?

TigerEyes said:
Just curious what are the 3/8 inch holes actually for? is that the water return? Thanks..
Also curious if you can make the neck longer for more contact time with bubbles, or if that wouldnt work?

And what size powerhead/pump are you using for this? Is there a way to control the water lvl or is that what the ball valve is for? If the ball valve is for that is there another way to control the flow so as to use the full pump/powerhead power?
Yes
Yes just turn up the power head
Its a jebo 650 gallon per hour
Ball vaule
Power head itself

TigerEyes said:
Just out of curiousity but shouldnt there be 2- 4 x3 " reducers, at least the way i read it, also what is the black band between the 4x3 and the 3x2 reducers just above the holes?

I have most the parts for this just not quite getting the put together here..,

Oh are the holes drilled in the 4x3 or the 3x2, looks like the 4x3 but you SAY in the 3x2?

No 1 is the slip
black band was a mishape
4 holes 1 at 12 1 at 3 1at 6 1 at 9. 1 hole is for you pwower head

Deminsions?

What are the overall outside deminsions of the skimmer? What size tank do you have it on and how satisfied are you with it's performance?

I have all the parts just havent put it together yet.. Im getting there, just to many dang projects at once :)

Yes, how efficient is it? And can you give details what is attached where - where goes powerhead (inflow and outflow), is here somewhere airstone or venturi (where)? Not only list of details, but principal diagram of work with main measurements and equipment specifications - it would be very hepful.

Back