Diy three ten

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Confused, are you making a chamber that will hide the plumbing, it will cut across that corner?

The new picture is perfect! And I really liked the new name too except more appropriately: exotic-wood whisperer.

Also, why the extra elbows to the flex?

Confused, are you making a chamber that will hide the plumbing, it will cut across that corner?

Only the plumbing pipes will be covered with foam and rock. You will be able to see the back corner of the tank.

The acrylic sheet that the pipes are tied to is there to keep the shape of the pipe in place. The acrylic will be trimmed into a natural shape.

The new picture is perfect! And I really liked the new name too except more appropriately: exotic-wood whisperer.

Also, why the extra elbows to the flex?

Half of my new identity has been restored.

The elbows at the bottom where used because I couldnt flex the pipe in a tight enough radius to exit the tank at90 deg.
The main concern is the opening at the top of the pipes. The background is going to play a large part in the build.

The left rear weir/plumbing system didnt require much thought or R&D. Although the R&D on that system will not be complete until I turn on the return pump. I may have a problem with the main drain not having enough over top the pipe. Could sound like the proverbial toilet flushing. I know a gate valve near the will help cure that issue. Just hope I dont have to choke the line more than 1/2 way to quite it down.

As for the right side weir drain system...... I have had a headache for the past 3 weeks. Sometimes it is just best to jump right in. So I did.
Of course the drain line needs to be hidden.No biggie, But the system on this side needs to do more than just hide a plumbing line.
This is where I leave "The Box" folks.
I will be creating an overhang in the tank. Yep. I am going to block out light in about 1/4 of the tank!!!
I know most of ya are shaking your heads, or rolling your eyes.
With the dimensions of this tank being what they are I really believe I can pull this off.
I need a basic shape in mind, now I just need to see it. Rigid Foam is cheap an a breeze to work with. Shape and size are my main concern with working the foam.

So as you all know it is near impossible to keep this foam submerged without it breaking apart an destroying your rock-scape.
So I need to build a frame to carry the rock. 3/4PVC was my choice

Thats a good start, but it needs more ........... something

I want to be sure that there is enough head pressure at the top of this 1 1/2'' drain line. It will approx 7'' below the water line. The weir depth will be the same as the left side, But I will add an additional 4-5'' with an inverted cone. (OBD reject).
You can see it tucked behind the PVC framing

Her are a few pics of the refined PVC frame work that will covering the drain line.

From the top down, The weir and the "Lid" for the semi-cave still need to be designed

I will wrap the pipe and some of the voids between the pipes with plastic mesh.

Still lots to do to make it look real. LOL

Its a good start!

OMG!! Looks almost like my first Closed Loop system. Far too complicated. :)

I don't even know what that is, but it looks amazingly artistic, looks like something that belongs out in front of a state building.

I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish with all this but I'm watching to see the final product!

I don't even know what that is, but it looks amazingly artistic, looks like something that belongs out in front of a state building.

LOL,
I am not sure I know what it is. I do know what I would like it to be.
It will look more like something once I get the mesh wrapped around it.

Back