Diy three ten

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Your getting that acrylic work down going to be a sweet DT!

Thanks Spinner,
This is probably the most stressful part of the build for me. It would create a huge amount of extra work if these seams dont weld up properly. Two more loooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg IMPORTANT welds to go. The top and bottom are the toughest to do right. I will be dreaming of plan -B- tonite. LOL

Forgot to mention the front panel welded up as good as the back panel. (less a couple of wire pins broke off in the seam, CRAP ) I'll post some pics of that in the morning.

Dave (and your name is Dave) :) looks good...you have been busy...

LOL Kirk,
I have been called much worse (and probably deserved it)
Yes have been very busy, just glad to make some progress on this project. I would like to have the tank setting on the stand and plumbed before the temp drops below 33 deg.

That seems like plenty of time to reach that goal, but....
All the internal overflows and Oceans Motions plumbing is incorporated into the rock work. It is going to be a bit different than most plumbing projects. LOL (imagine that)

I would wanna get that done before freezing weather too..hate working with pipes while your hands are cold.

Looking good Dave. In your line of work I'm sure you've done worse things than plumb in the cold. C'mon, now! Toughen up a bit. :boink:

Looking good Dave. In your line of work I'm sure you've done worse things than plumb in the cold. C'mon, now! Toughen up a bit. :boink:

Working or plumbing in the cold is not a big deal.
The real issue about the temp dropping is I would like to have the room fully inclosed. That will prevent me having to insulate the ro/di filter, extra heaters in the frag tank, extra heat in the water barrels. Also with the room walled in leaves me very limited space to work on the DT, plumbing, sump,fuge, QT,
So I am more concerned about working room and heating existing systems.

Build is looking good. Bugs keep selling them selfs. SSDD by the looks of it you'll have water before Kevin and 10 more gallons lol

I wish I had water before Kevin. I think he will have fish in less than two weeks.
And yea 10 more gal. even with inside dimensions.

Not as of yet,
He is rolling the dice (as many of us have in the past) and hoping for the best at this point in time.

Back