Do all clown fish hate me?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

porksoda

Nano-Reefer
Well everytime i get a new clown fish it dies with in 2-3 days i dont understand. All my other fish live just fine! Its just dumb lol. Well is there something up with clowns that make them die easy?

Sorry I dont have any expertise with that skimmer... didnt feel like responding to your skimmer post just to let you know it! hehe. As for the fish, captive bred fish generaly have a better survival rate than wild caught. Also are these clowns dieing while in quarantine?

Acclimation maybe, tank perameters similar? Or different?

the royal grammas can be narky i know mine is
are u adding one clown fish or 2?? my mate added 1 orange occ clown and didnt do well needed 2 get 2 i reackon when they come out of a tank with 50 other clown fish and then being by your self might be stressfull
what was its behavouir like in qt was it eating? swimming ok? was it spending alot of time at the top of the tank??

Have you tested your tank parameters? Something may be way out of line killing the new fish, but your other fish have managed to adapt to it over a long period.

How long are you quarantining your fish for? What other fish do you have? How long has the tank been setup? Give us some more info and we can start thinking through this.:)

Tim

How long are you quarantining your fish for? What other fish do you have? How long has the tank been setup? Give us some more info and we can start thinking through this.:)

Tim

i quarantined it for 30 mins and my tank has been up for 2 years now. All my water tests are good. I think i just keep buying sick clowns lol. I dunno. I am just gonna stop buying them.

i quarantined it for 30 mins and my tank has been up for 2 years now. All my water tests are good. I think i just keep buying sick clowns lol. I dunno. I am just gonna stop buying them.

I think we are not quite on the same page, when we say quarantine, it is usually more like 30 days in another aquarium. That way weaknesses in fish will have a chance to show up and sicknesses can be treated before introducing into the main tank. You don't have to stop buying them, doing research and taking care of them a little differently than you are now will give you great results.

Tim

Seems really odd :confused: Clowns are pretty hardy and I find it hard to see them die so easily... Are you buying the clowns from the exact same place all the time??

I think we are not quite on the same page, when we say quarantine, it is usually more like 30 days in another aquarium. That way weaknesses in fish will have a chance to show up and sicknesses can be treated before introducing into the main tank. You don't have to stop buying them, doing research and taking care of them a little differently than you are now will give you great results.

Tim

ok i was thinking of something else. I do not quarantine them. I guess i need to start doing that. Thanks for the info.

Back