Do you feed your Chocolate Chip Starfish? If so what?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefLogic

I am Android
I am curious if anyone else feeds their CC's. I have one in my sump that I purchased to feed my harliquin but the shrimp kicked the bucket. So now it is just part of my CUC but in my sump.

Anyway, I have been feeding him coral....yes coral....from my display from time to time....I had a couple friends get mad at me recently because I fed it some Joe the Coral. You have to understand....I am not a SPS fan. I have fed him Monti's, favia's, Birdsnest, other Acro's.....pretty much anything that shows signs of dying in my system for whatever reason get's fed to the CC. But I have to say the SPS and stuff is growing on me...but ATM I am still not totally stoked on the fuzzy sticks and painted rocks.

So....am I retarded?....<=retorical question does not require answer....what do you feed your CC? Or do you?

Last edited:
I am curious if anyone else feeds their CC's. I have one in my sump that I purchased to feed my harliquin but the shrimp kicked the bucket. So now it is just part of my CUC but in my sump.

Anyway, I have been feeding him coral....yes coral....from my display from time to time....I had a couple friends get mad at me recently because I fed it some Joe the Coral. You have to understand....I am not a SPS fan. I have fed him Monti's, favia's, Birdsnest, other Acro's.....pretty much anything that shows signs of dying in my system for whatever reason get's fed to the CC. But I have to say the SPS and stuff is growing on me...but ATM I am still not totally stoked on the fuzzy sticks and painted rocks.

So....am I retarded?....<=retorical question does not require answer....what do you feed your CC? Or do you?

We don't feed ours.

Hmm...I might try Nori instead of coral.....

now if I could just figure out why my snowflake eel stopped eating I would be good. I offered it Squid and Krill both soaked in Garlic Extreme. He was eating great till I accidently gave him a piece that was way too big....ever since then he seems scared of food.

Yeah that was this guys purpose. Cut pieces off arm and feed. But shrimp died and CC didn't.

Back