Do You Guys Put Suppliments For Ur Aquarium And Corals

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sunny_mittu

I Just Wanted To Know If U Guys Put Coral Food Regururly Either You Put Iodine Or Magnesium Or Some Thing Else You Put For Ur Aquarium If Yes Why And No Then Also I Would Like To Know What Are You Putting In Your Aquarium

I Have A 90 Gallon Tank
With Multi Skimmer With Sterilizer
2100 Eheim Dry/wet Filter
2 1500 Maxi Jet
Sera Heater
Sera Slow Filter
3 Uv Lights

What kind of corals do you have?

They typically consume Ca, Mg, and Bicarbonate (Alk). You should replace these major ions. With frequent waterchanges, the rest of the ions are usually maintained.

Read this article. ;)

What kind of corals do you have?

They typically consume Ca, Mg, and Bicarbonate (Alk). You should replace these major ions. With frequent waterchanges, the rest of the ions are usually maintained.

Read this article. ;)

I agree, this is what I test for and supplement as needed. With a good kalk drip or kalk in the topoff water very little needs to be added. I do add a reef supplement once or twice a week called 'coral vital'. Recommended by the LFS.

Mega rule of thumb......

"if you dont test for it"
"dont add it"

Or
"If your adding it, you must test for it"

(thats why i dont add anything)

(thats why i dont add anything)

:lol: ROFL

what is kalk is it the salt

No, kalkwasser (aka lime water) is made up of bicarbonate (aka the major component of alkalinity) and Calcium. Corals will use these two in the same ratio as is provided with kalk.

Kalk does nothing to keep these two in balance. Usually, since they are consumed together and supplemented together, you will not see an imbalance if using Kalk. Over time, however, an imbalance may present itself.

Seriously, Sunny, read this article! It is an easy read. ;)

And while you are at it read part 1 too.

Back