Do you guys think this would work on a 32 gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Still know idea Josh. it has 225 leds but is only 13.8 watts?? so I am guessing it is using .5 watt leds?? no idea on any research done on thoughs?? what kind of par do they put out?? whats their penetration rate?? if they are all one type of led color then your not really creating a wave pattern??

to many unknowns bud, beware

Mike

I hope it would work, but unfortunately based on my research it seems this low power LED panel will never work.

I used a similar setup for my refugium, it did not even grow Chaeto very well, and any CF light grows chaeto. So if that is any indication to what the intensity is.

LED Wholesalers (the company selling that particular unit) hasn't had the best reviews. They have a lower rating on their ebay site, as well, and after reading a few of the feedback comments, there seem to be a good number of people who receive defective units from these guys (several of the LED's burn out after a few days/weeks, units completely die after a short time, etc). I think you are wise in staying away from these folks.

Back