Do you name your fish?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

never named any fish but back when I raised cows and pigs we'd name them things like ham, bacon and hamburger :badgrin:

All of my fish have names.

Convict Blenny - Manson
Lawn Mower Gobbie - Lawny
Star Fish (he is missing one leg) - Gimpy
School of Dams (they have a communal name cuz they all look alike) - Alpha Omega
Cleaner Shrimp - Jaque

When we had a six-line wrasse he was named Six Pack. We also had a Sheeps Head, we raised him from an egg that we got in the ocean thus his name was Starter. We lost everything in our tank when it got poisoned, so we had to start over...

I think its fun to name the fish and it makes them part of my family.

I have seahorses, and yes, the ladies melt when they see them, especially feeding time (okay, the UPS guy did too). So of course I need cute names as well....

Adrian, Adelle, Pepe le Pew (well named), Kittie, Ringo, Monica (keeps a mysis cigar), Chopper (he lost the tip of his tail to a crab while young), Stan the Stallion, Roo (extra long tail), plus 7 others that still need names. Former residents include Fernando and Kate.

My old girlfriend named my lawnmower blenny Mick (as in Jagger) because of his huge mouth. There used to be Bandit (coral banded shrimp) and Sally (lightfoot) as well.

Last edited:
Oscapus said:
I have seahorses, and yes, the ladies melt when they see them, especially feeding time

Hmmm....seahorses....yeah, I can see the ladies digging those....time to set up a seahorse tank.... ;) :D

MikeS

Okay, I did name my first pairs of horses Kona, Kai, Meliki and Malaya since they came from Hawaii. But after my roommate named my firefish Flare, Flame, and Flash and they promptly all bit it, my fish don't have names anymore.

~ Steve

Wolfesbane said:
But after my roommate named my firefish Flare, Flame, and Flash and they promptly all bit it, my fish don't have names anymore.

Superstition? I don't think so.... :lol:

MikeS

Hey MikeS, I used to go to school in Laramie, plus worked a couple summers up in the Bighorns. Sure miss it...No wonder I've got ponies, eh?

Oscapus said:
Hey MikeS, I used to go to school in Laramie, plus worked a couple summers up in the Bighorns. Sure miss it...No wonder I've got ponies, eh?

Yeah, I went to UW also....currently in Casper

Mike

OK OK I'll chime in BUT I did not name my fish, friends of mine did ...LOL

Cinnamon Clown - Jake (aka devil wannabe, attacks me all the time)

Blue Linkia - Buddy

Mandarin - Butch

Lionfish - Alex (the lion in madagasgar)

LOL...I thought you'd be sent to the looney bin if you named your fish! I named one fish and he was the only one that died. I guess he found out what I named him and commited suicide. He was a betta fish and I used to call him master:p

Last edited:
there was a link of the damsel fish removal thread LOL couldnt remember how I stumbled on this ..Oh well :D:D

LOL...I thought you'd be sent to the looney bin if you named your fish! I named one fish and he was the only one that died. I guess he found out what I named him and commited suicide. He was a betta fish and I used to call him master

LMBO!!!! :lol: you're freaking hilarious dood :lol::lol:

val and tine

I have a pair of royal gramma and a friend of mine named them val and tine, since they were purchased on valentines day.

krish75 said:
LOL...I thought you'd be sent to the looney bin if you named your fish! I named one fish and he was the only one that died. I guess he found out what I named him and commited suicide. He was a betta fish and I used to call him master:p
Hey!
LOL Bad Krish, Bad.

Back