Votes: 10 13.7%
  • I don't worry about all the waisted water

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • I really need to get one of those!

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters

big t

tankless
I just moved to a new place. I now have to pay for my own water, what a drag. I plugged in my RODI unit and found that there is only 25psi line pressure here, so that means a lot of waisted water. I think that I will have a ratio of about 1 good to 10 waiste judging by how fast the waiste was filling a 5g bucket. So anyway I was wondering how many people here who use their own RODI use a booster pump with it? And where did you get it....

pm me too matt.

and hey, what do i have to do to get invited over to see all your new corals and your 15k bulbs :)

Mat

I use a pump and have 50psi as well... I think they are Great... If you only have 25psi I would definetly get one... Mine boosted it to about 90psi and I now get about 75gpd atleast out of my unit... I dont pay for my water yet and didnt really need the pump too much... It was given to me by an LFS here in the Area... My water is really cold here so I was barely getting any water... Booster pump helps alot... The Premaete pumps out there in my research really dont do anything so I would avoid those... Most pumps that I saw were anywhere from 80-130.00 depending where you get it.. I can get the Exact model # of mine a bit later if needed..

James

Check your pressure at the faucet closest to the main. Usually out door faucet. If its low call tpu should be much higher. They told be 60psi minimum.

Don

Run - do not walk -and go get one. Best money I spent on my water making equipment.

I think between 65 & 90 psi is the range most RO/DI units recommend, I'm lucky we have a solid 86psi plus. lol I love it. BigT go out and get you one big mamma jamma & post it for us, BTW, we pay for water, waste & trash along with the electric bill all in one shot, I guess we're not in Kansas anymore Lucy!

I'll echo the others comments. I got one when we moved to our new house and it was one of the best investments yet. Waste water is way down the production is way up. It takes a whole lot less time to produce a tank full of water and it is less wear and tear on the filters (they're designed for the higher pressure). I'd get one Tom.

Sorry to jump on your thread Tom, but I've been considering purchasing one as well. Can someone shoot me some info on the one(s) they have purchased, including pricing?

I was considering getting one of these since they are the company I bought my system from, how does this compare to yours?

Thanks,

Eliyah

Last edited:
well I ended up buying a booster pump this week. It arrived today. I ended up going with the Aquatech 6800. All I can say is "Wow, what a difference". The waste water being produced has been cut in half and the output has nearly tripled. The pump is also very silent.

Good investment!

yeah The 6800 is the one I am using as well... Works great... Agree 100% with everything you said... I dont see whay they dont come standard on Ro/Di units...

James

spoiled

Guys I have to tell ya I have it made so good My Rodi unit puts out 250 Gallons per min. Yes per min! We have Glegg water train at my job that makes .04 uhmous Rodi water we store it in a 350 thousand gallon tank and in-line monitor the silica,conductivity and TDS and it produces absolutely no phosphates yes its great to wash your car with it as well ! :)

Back