Doa

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Burrower

My first order of fish arrived today (a pair of clownfish along with some snails and 2 sexy shrimp) and one of the shrimp was dead on arrival, and one of the clownfish soon followed. The others are looking A-OK.

Needless to say I was heartbroken. The specimens arrived in time and were packaged very well. Is it common to have DOA arrivals? I don't know if I'll have the heart to do this for very long if simply ordering specimens and having them shipped overnight spells x% of their doom. I realize that there is always a risk, and that inevitably specimens arrive dead/nearly dead, but it just seems like two in one shipment is a bit extreme. The online site is sending out a "reship" tomorrow for replacement and I appreciate that (they honor their commitments and all), but now I'm beginning to wonder if road trips to buy fish on site might be better (I don't live anywhere near a pet store). I was hoping to buy livestock online.

Thanks for your input.

I package correctly and shipped overnight then it is not the norm in my experience.

Yep, I certainy hope it isn't the norm and that I just had a bit of bad luck.

Brady, I live in a rather small town in the NE corner of Missouri called Kirksville.

That is my point, and why i have never orderd off line.

granted i have 3 or 4 salt water fish stores with in 100 miles some of the better are more then 150 miles from here, but id rather rip my self at 85mph for a better part of a saterday or sunday morning, to go get my new inhabs.

insted of ordering something to find it in ruff shape or near death. you gotta figer it this way, Ups, FedEX, and all thos shiping Co's hire there guys,

you get a guys whos pissed cause his wife is nocking the neighbor thowing your box around or something to that exstent (sorry for the brefness)

have they resent? or refunded

i have ordered fish twice, sensitive ones at that!!! they arrived fine and doing well...one of them sat on the porch for several hours..the Fedex guy never knocked..i checked my tracking numbers..it was there for like 2-3 hours before i walked out and almost tripped over it..the fish was fine...it happens every now and then , but i think it is pretty safe as long as the temp is not extreme!!

or as long as theres not a deconpresstion in the cargo area dureing flight

I have also had great success ordering livestock online. There was only one instance, but the company sent out a new order, and they arrived fine. For me, dead stock from an online order was more of a rarity.

Back