Does any one know wat this is?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

woody283

this came back from the dead on a piece of live rock.:D its been growin about a month. I believe it is montipora danea but the polyps look different

*moved to Kevin's forum

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

If it came as a hitchhiker on the liverock then it is most likely Porites sp. Porites is very tough and often recovers months later.

Regards,
Kevin

Thanks. Iknow it hard to get an id from a pic but it is a hitch hiker and hI had no idea were to start looking. I do believe it is a type of porites. yes that is a brissle worm, there are alot of them in the tank. Should i try to get rid of them? They dont seem to bother anything. thanks

yes that is a brissle worm, there are alot of them in the tank. Should i try to get rid of them? They dont seem to bother anything. thanks

Bristle worms are good at cleaning up detritus, and have had a bad reputation, though unwarrented. If you have a lot of BWs it means there is plenty of food for them to eat, but their numbers will fluxuate with food availability in your system over time. I wouldn't try to get rid of them... especially if you don't see any negetive effects from them. I have a few in my tanks as well and I leave them alone since thet are good little cleaners.

Back