Dogface Puffer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jerene

Hi..I bought a dogface puffer about a month ago. He adapted nicely to my aquarium and seemed to be very happy in his new home until 2 days ago. Two days ago I did a water change and a few hours later I noticed a drastic change in his color (light brown to a very dark brown). He also has puffed up 3 times. I've done a chemical test and checked the salinity and everything is where it should be. Please help me I can't think of anything else to do. Thanks!

--Jerene

Did you use tap water, or RO water, or water from some other source. My first reaction is to guess that you used tapwater and that it was not properly declorinated. Also if the water is too warm or more likely to cold it can stress animals out. Did the salt have enough time to mix before you put it in the system, AT LEAST 8 hours. I hope this helps.

Much Thanks,
Barry Katz
[email protected]

That makes sense. I did use tap but did not let it sit for 8 hours. I was thinking maybe I should go back to my dealer and purchase catalina water and do another water change...hopefully that would help. Thanks for your insight!

--Jerene

Back