DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DolphinLVR

RF Premium Member
Hello all,

This thread will document the build that I have been dreaming about for the last 25 years!

Many thanks goes out to the members of RF and PSAS for talking to me on the phone and allowing me into your homes to see your setups! Without ALL of you, I would still be trying to figure everything out! And a very special thank you goes out to my wife who has been putting up with my non stop jabber about the system I am about to build!

I have spent countless hours researching and coming up with the following equipment list, your input is as always, greatly appreciated.

My plans for the system are to be mainly LPS and Softies! Maybe a SPS here or there!

I am going to have a 2 inch sandbed and will be using approximately 80 lbs of rock from Marco Rocks and another 20 - 50 lbs of live rock!

I will be posting pictures as soon as I have something to take a picture of other than my blank wall! :lol:

Ok on to my equipment plans!

Tank
180 Gallon 72*24*24 built by Matt with CFI

Sump/Refugium
Not sure of the final dimensions yet, but this is being built by Matt with CFI

RO/DI
http://www.airwaterice.com/product/...RODI-with-Gauge-TDS-Alarm-Dual-TDS-Meter.html
with booster pump as I have low water pressure.

Lighting
My lighting will be LED, I am getting 1 master and 2 slaves from the following:
http://pacificsunusa.com/?page_id=129
I cant wait for these guys to come in!

Skimmer
Matt with CFI is going to build me a killer ATB Medium Cone Clone using a Eheim 1262 as the pump!

Return Pump
I will be using a Eheim 1262 as my return

In tank Flow
Right now I will be using 2 Tunze 6100's with the multicontroller for flow, I can always add 1 or 2 more down the road as needed.

Heaters
I will be using either Via Aqua 300W Titanium x 2 or Finnex with a Ranco dual stage Controller

ATO
I will be purchasing this in the next couple of weeks and have not really decided who I am going to go with.

Thanks for stoppin in and if anyone wants to come up North or come down South, you are more than welcome! :lol:

Well packages have started to arrive in preperation for the build! :D

So far my sand has arrived, 2 - American DJ Strips, Refractometer and MJ 1200.

I am going to start my stand build today and will be posting some pictures of the build. I hope to have the doors ordered for it by mid week so that I can get the staining all done. I also have to get the electrical run soon so I can get the stand in as well as figure out some plumbing ideas I have.

Jeff

RO/DI unit arrived today!

I have also got the frame of the stand built and will get it skinned as time allows this week.

This Kreg Pocket screw Jig is sweet!
DSC_2054%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2055%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2057%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2058%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Ok Time for an update! Its been a slow go with building the stand and working....:lol:

I have now got the iside caulked, sealed and painted, The top put on and applied 3 coats of Polycrylic and got it skinned and the openings for the doors cut out!

Next up is to put the trim on, Stain and put 3 coats of Polycrylic on!

DSC_2061%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2062%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2063%20%28Medium%29.JPG

This end i built so that I can have a recessed equipment/control panel
DSC_2064%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Ok got more work done on the stand this week! Added the trim work, stained and applied 3 coats of Polycrylic. All that is left to do on the stand is get the doors ordered, which I will do this next week.

Next up is to run 2 dedicated 20 amp circuits. Thanks goes out to Kendog for coming out to help me with this this coming weekend.

DSC_2065%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2066%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_2067%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Now I see why it took 4 days to post, must have been working hard on all that carving ;) Nice stand! What is the next step for you?

Now I see why it took 4 days to post, must have been working hard on all that carving ;) Nice stand! What is the next step for you?

LOL thanks Mark!

The next thing for me after I get back from my business trip this week will be to get the 2 dedicated circuits run. I am also hoping to have my water storage tanks in and then have the RO/DI all hooked up and plumbed in.

Hopefully this will all be done by the time my tank,sump and skimmer get finished.

Jeff

Looks like you will be passing me by progress wise... and I have a two and half week overseas business trip this month so I will still be watching more than doing.

Back