DolphinLvr's 180 build! A dream, becomming a reality!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jeff...I just ordered one of these: Apogee MQ-200 Quantum meter

In part from reading this thread: http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50126

I'm converting my NC28 from MH/PC's to LED's and want to do some before/after comparisons.

I'm also setting up a 180 and am very interested in your lights...I'd be happy to loan you my meter so we can see how they perform. Let me know.

Awesome! It will be at least a week before my tank is even done, then I have plumbing and a light rack to do, but I will definately take you up on your offer as long as I can get a helper along with it! :D

Awesome! It will be at least a week before my tank is even done, then I have plumbing and a light rack to do, but I will definately take you up on your offer as long as I can get a helper along with it! :D

Sounds good. I just got notified that the meter is backordered, so I won't see it for a few weeks anyway.

Got the stand in the house tonight and decided to play around with my Marco rock and see if I could come up with something I liked.

I would appreciate your comments, either positive or negative :)

Left Side
DSC_2078%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Center
DSC_2080%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Right Side
DSC_2079%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Full Shot
DSC_2077%20%28Medium%29.JPG

how many lbs of rock is this..doesnt seem like enough for a 180g.

is this going to be a FOWLR, Reef or Mixed?
If FOWLR, what type of fish? this will depend if you need more hideouts.

how many lbs of rock is this..doesnt seem like enough for a 180g.

is this going to be a FOWLR, Reef or Mixed?
If FOWLR, what type of fish? this will depend if you need more hideouts.

Right now this is 100lbs and I plan to add another 50 lbs of Live Rock. This tank is mainly going to be an LPS/softie tank with perhaps a stick here and there.

ok...which is what my tank is..mostly LPS and fish. :)

Did you get a hold of Eric yet??

where did you get them from??

the only thing I wish I had done differently to my system, is bigger storage tanks..mine are only 55g, and wish I had gone for 100g.

where did you get them from??

the only thing I wish I had done differently to my system, is bigger storage tanks..mine are only 55g, and wish I had gone for 100g.

Not to highjack here, but I am interested in why you think your 55g are not big enough once you get up and running? I am going with a 65g for fresh and 40g mix (I think)... mostly due to space constraints but figured this would be plenty enough for water changes, misc.

Almost there Jeff!!! Too me you have plenty of rock. I have maybe 200lbs total in my 350g system. All in the DT.

I think your rocks are set up nicely. It'd be cool just to have a huge 20-30 pound chunk in the center if you can find one :D
Thanks Ryan! I was hoping I got a bigger piece with this order, But I am liking this layout everytime i look at it.

Almost there Jeff!!! Too me you have plenty of rock. I have maybe 200lbs total in my 350g system. All in the DT.

Thanks Sarang! I am still going to pick up some live rock, do you think if I left the base rock in the DT and put the live rock in the fuge that all would be good? I don't see any reason why LR wouldn't be a good idea in the fuge, IMO it would still provide what my tank would need. I could and probably will just seed the sand bed in the DT with s few cups of live sand from someone.

Back