dowflake suppliers?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I use prestone driveway heet. I found it in my parents garage a few months ago when I was over visiting. Yoink! :D

I think the article says to use 1/3 less Prestone for the recipe, but I'm not sure...

Whats really got me freaked out however, is this article.
CLICKY

I use prestone driveway heet. I found it in my parents garage a few months ago when I was over visiting. Yoink! :D

I think the article says to use 1/3 less Prestone for the recipe, but I'm not sure...

Whats really got me freaked out however, is this article.
CLICKY

Sheesh, I was excited until you reminded me of this issue. I found this link over on RC. I guess Ill just order some part one up from TPS. I may be frugal but I'm not willing to risk my reef.

Let me know when your ready to turn in another order Ben. We can split shipping costs.

Well Trido you missed this article.

Purity of Calcium Chloride
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/mar2004/chem.htm

Snow

Yes, that has freaked out allot of people to include Randy. Not a good thing. We all need to get away from DOW soon and get something else. Tetra is about the best choice if you want high grade, as it uses the Limestone Process. As far Prsetone goes I have no real issue. I think we are all getting way to carried away with purity but the DOW has to go soon. A descent non-food grade is good enough IMHO.

As far as the Bromide graph on that RC link I'm beginning to think Inland made an error. We are having a bunch of salts (~12) tested with about 15 parameters, to include Bromide. They are doing all of this for us for free :D

For those that do not know a analytical lab has opened up another section dedicate to testing reef aquarium water. It is about 14 std tests for ~ $35. That is pretty cheap when you look at a real certified seawater testing lab, like ENC, that charges that much per single parameter.

- Ammonia
- Nitrite
- Nitrate
- Phosphate
- Silica
- Alkalinity
- Calcium
- Potassium
- Magnesium
- Strontium
- Molybdenum
- Iodine
- Copper
- Boron

They are using spectrophotometry, auto-titration, and specialized ion specific probes to deliver a level a much greater accuracy than waht you get from test kits.

http://www.aquariumwatertesting.com/

Back