Down with FedEx!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hooked82

So our order from ReefTopia came in today on over night shipping. Arrives at their sorting facility in Seattle at 5:32am this morning. I keep checking the tracking number and it says it is out for delivery at 8am or so. I call home to see if the package has came in yet and nothing. Call FedEx and the lady says that its out for delivery and is scheduled before 4:30pm. I'm ok with that. 3:30pm comes around and still nothing, so I give them a call again to see what the heck is up and to let them know that I want to pick it up since it doesnt seem like they're in too much of a rush to deliver. The guy tells me that the delivery had been cancelled. I asked why and he said due to the weather. I'm mad but I calmly ask where I can pick it up at so that we don't lose $150 worth or critters due to it sitting in a freezing warehouse overnight. He tells me that it is at the sorting facility and that it never left there since arrival. I find this strange because I had 2 people tell me it was out for delivery and my tracking number said it was out for delivery.

I was then told that it was supposed to arrive at the Bothell location at 5pm in which I can go and pick it up. He takes my number so they can call me in an hour and let me know what I can do. 1-1/2 hours later I call back not hearing a thing. All the while I am sitting at work waiting to hear from these bastards. The guy on the phone says that nobody called because there was no change in where the package was. I tell the guy to give me the address of where the package is at so I can go pick it up, and he tells me that I cannot do this, its a secure building. Ok, I understand, I work in a secure building and know what its like.

So on the drive home from work on Icy 405, what do I see? Yeah I'm sure you guessed it. From Tukwila to I-5 alone I see 4 Fed-Ex semi's cruising along. So these must be their super trucks or something, cause they're out on the road.

Sorry for the rant guys, but I am mad and know that I will never do business again with a company that uses fedex for shipping.

Sorry Colleen, Scott, and Ken, I'm hopeing out critters are still alive tomorrow :(

sorry to hear that!!!!!i hope everything works out!!! did you order fish???

I tried to warn you. You just blew me off as the dumb redneck. Oh wait my fault that is Scott.:badgrin: :D I hope it works out OK. I just went through the same thing with FedEx 2 weeks ago.

Did you talk to Reeftopia? Do they have any sort of guarantee? If they are dead; what will happen besides a big stink in the bags?

okay, i am so glad i saw this! I was just about to start my own thread about the same thing. I ordered from saltwaterfish.com and it left the sorting facility at 9:00AM this morning ready for delivery. The expected estimated delivery time was for 4:30PM. Then needless to say that time comes around so i go and track it and this is what i got: "there is a delay beyond our control" The only reason that this makes me mad is because i got my mail, newspaper, and i even seen a UPS truck in my area!

Luckily my dad talked to the delivery lady on the phone and put the box in an office where it was heated. Oh well, i guess i will find out what lived tomarow:( .

I feel your pain man....

-augustus

ronJ: No fish, pepp. shrimp, 150 or so snails, 30 or so crabs, fighting conches, luckily no fish though.

Brenden: Yeah, last time I will ever do business with them again.

Colleen: By the time that I called ReefTopia, they were closed. I will give them a call tomorrow firs thing. FedEx said that the delay because of the weather will void their on time money back guarantee. There is also something in there about fish/livestock and it says that if the package isnt packaged well enough to handle 12 hours over promised delivery date that it is guaranteed, but not this time due to the "weather". Freaking bastards.

Yeah it sucks Augustus. The thing is, our package was marked as "out for delivery" for 6 hours and then I was told later once it was cancelled that it never made it to the delivery facility. The icing on the cake was me seeing those 4 FedEx trucks on the way home too. Please, nobody do business with these clowns. I have read a few things before about delayed deliveries and dead livestock, too bad I didnt notice that ReefTopia uses them. That's until I got the email with the tracking number.

I have dealt with Reeftopia and they are GREAT on customer satisfaction. If the stuff dies, they will absolutely fix the mistake. Tell them Mikey sent you:D

Thanks for the heads up Mike, I will talk to them tomorrow. I was pretty confident earlier that they would probably do something about it. They seem like a great company and would to keep their customers satisfied.

Is anyone having better luck with UPS? My last UPS delivery, T5 reflector and bulbs, looked like a NFL Linebacker delivered it after pratice.

Spokane,Pasco connection Been real Good!

Guys It make me feel real sick to read all this I understand Very much Living 45 miles from your closest LFS make it tough .. I have suffered the same fate on the East side as Redeye reef has with U.P.S. Now Fed Ex has been Very good with Live shipping Over here I mean I always worry about shipping in this cold weather so I truly Understand & I hope David you guys have some good luck Tomorrow & Hope some one put the package in a warm area...Jeff

Is anyone having better luck with UPS? My last UPS delivery, T5 reflector and bulbs, looked like a NFL Linebacker delivered it after pratice.

Well as Person who sends out VIA Fedex and UPS, I can tell you , We try very hard to ensure things are sent out timely and make good on any problems associated with Shipping, However , one the reasons RDA and AE dont deal in live critters is just because of delivery problems. As long as you order live the stress notch is up 100 notches. I dont want any part of the hassle. But as far Items that damaged, let me know I make sure to fix it.

You have no worries with reeftopia. Simply a great company with good people.
Fed-ex/UPS on the other hand. Not so much.
Here is how I handle this.
I find the address of a fedex drop and pick up facility.
I always have my packages HOLD FOR PICKUP at the facility.
Since the same people usually work at the place everyday. Here is a little friendly trick. I open the box in the store and a show the people what they just shipped. They get all excited to see these live animals. So next time I come they are calling me personally instead of the automated machine calling me. The animals are carefully handled because they know me now.
I had a problem yesterday. I have orders coming from two different places for one tank.
Both were supposed to arrive today. One arrived a day early and so I had to cancel my morning appointments, head back to beautiful B.G. KY and pick, acclimate, then head back out, catch up, then I have to go pick up, come back, re bag, split up, and then transport, then acclimate again, then do more work. LOL
For me here I have found fed ex to be much more reliable than UPS. It sounds like you just got to talk to asshats at fedex

Yeah maybe the fedex people here are just stupid. The thing that gets me is that they don't provide a way for you to pick up the package if they decide not to deliver it. I would think this should be something standard, or at least a very good service that they could provide being that they are very unreliable. The problem with this order though, I wasnt able to get it held anywhere becuase it never left the sorting facility. Or at least thats what they said. Also I have heard great things about ReefTopia as well. Am actually calling them right now to see how well it was packaged.

What ever happened?

Brendan what was the final outcome of your bad experience with that delivery a couple of weeks ago?

Back