Dragon Moray experiences

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

myerst22

Hello i am looking for information about the Japanese Dragon Moray. What are the differences between Hawaiian and Japanese varietes? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tim
enchelycore-pardalis.jpg

The (very good) answers to your questions were provided in another thread. Good luck! :)

I might be wrong but, I beleive it is the color difference. Hawaiians tend to be more pale in color where as Japanese is more bright and vivid in color. I've only seen about a dozen of these and that is what i noticed.

I'm aware of the color difference. I worded my question horribly. I found and ordered a 14" Japanese Dragon Moray. Took some time to find it but I found it and will be delivered in a few weeks. So I'm trying to find out as much about them as possible. I have kept other eels successfully, but always want to learn as much as possible. I have three eels in the tank I am going to add the dragon to. i have a Millaris, Meletreemus, and Snowflake. I am going to move the Meletremus and snowflake to another tank. i want to keep the Millaris in the tank with the Dragon. Bad idea? Any personal experiences or knowledge of Dragons would be hreatly appreciated. Thanks, Tim

Part of the only differences between both dragon morays is that they live in different regions, as well as brighter color patterns, and the J. Dragon could as well grow somewhat larger, by inches only. Their requirements happen to be no different from the other, and it is a very bad idea to have them with either so smaller an eel as a Millaris or even some eel like a SFE that both could become a meal.

Budnick

Yes both eels are being removed if the eel I ordered and paid for ever comes!!!! Getting a bit frustrated as the delivery date keeps getting pushed back time and time again. Hopefully the newest date will actually come true, the 30th of July. Regards, tim

Tim, I understand your frustration, but still you need to maintain your patience. For as is, im still waiting at this time too when I might start up my SPS tank, for which as of this coming October, I`ve be waiting five years and I not changed anything in what I wanted to do from the very first thought of doing two large SPS reef systems.

At this time, there is a change happening and at this time, I will not go into details. But when the first tank,the 180 is to be reconstructed, many modifications are to be done that without the cost of re-doing the lights, the work for the modifications that will be done is too cost just over $1,800 In a little time from this day, I will have some knowledge to when things might get done.

I no wish to say at this time what is the change now, but I had so many let downs in the past years on this, that I will now wait to announce what will be done, when a date is set and full cost to what is to be done.

So when I had the pair of dragon morays, which the female I had for more then 14 years, that depending on the lfs, you could wait as long a 6-12 months the eel. So please not be disappointed if the date moves further back, even that in certain regions, these dragon eels are in a abundance. Just that these areas to which these large groups may be but few.

One thing I not see is, what size tank you have?

So, instead of asking for a date to when you might get this eel, owner that he is to call you when he exspects the eel too arrival, other then making dates to when you might get the eel.

Also, if the shipment of the eel arrivals fast, without delays at airports and such, you can take the bag that the eel comes in and take it home then, but if there been a large delay in that live stock arrival, then wait a while.

Buddy

Back