duncans...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

luisse25

hmmm i just bought a duncan,a nice mint green...usually how much these pretty coral cost?..are green colors are the sought after or whites?or greens are just regular?this one i got has long tentacles/rims..is it suppose to be like that?they look like sun polyps...anybody has duncans can you guys tell me advices on how to care for them:)

i have 23 heads of this pretty coral..:)

They are easy caring, i have my colony in the bottom of my tank low/moderate flow! When i first bought them awhile back i feed them like no other, they basically grew like weeds! The ones i believe you have are basic Aus green dunconops, very beautiful coral! The ones that are sought out to be on the higher chain are the green purple streak duncans! They are killer! Sooner or later they will take off in your tank like weeds and you will be making room, fragging them out the door :) nice find tho :)

me too, duncans are cool as for cost prolly more than you think

i met someone who owns a nice tank full of very nice sps and lps..he has like dendros everywhere babies scattered on rocks..he is so nice..he has picasso clowns..he has some rare sps..i got this duncans and the huge hammer with about 9 big heads and 10 sprouting babies(i payed $20 for the hammer(screaming deal):badgrin: from him plus the free monti cap:)he's really a nice guy...heres the pic...

p.s:)

if they multiply and grow fast in a month or so then i will try to frag:)will sell for cheap +zoas:D;)(just kidding)

charisse:p

Attachments

• SDC10460.jpg
    SDC10460.jpg
    52.3 KB
  • SDC10461.jpg
    SDC10461.jpg
    48.5 KB
Last edited:
very nice duncans and i like your frag racks lol, looks like u made some ladders for the hermits or shrimp to climp up on hahaa

They are easy caring, i have my colony in the bottom of my tank low/moderate flow! When i first bought them awhile back i feed them like no other, they basically grew like weeds! The ones i believe you have are basic Aus green dunconops, very beautiful coral! The ones that are sought out to be on the higher chain are the green purple streak duncans! They are killer! Sooner or later they will take off in your tank like weeds and you will be making room, fragging them out the door :) nice find tho :)

hi reef set up what do you feed your duncans?

we fed each nightly (shrimp pellets, mysis shrimp, etc) + they grew super fast! too fast... they're getting too big for our nano.

DSC00039.JPG

To answer your question about what they generaly cost, most of your LFS's will sell them between $15-30 per polyp.

oh thanks for the info bout the price..so i have a good find then:shock:,,i only paid $80(23 heads) for these pretty coral..there are some small bumps on sides too maybe babies?:p:)

anyways i have another question,do i have to feed each head or they benefit on some feedings(just some heads)..cant believe how they grab the food..fun to watch..:lol:

Yes, they grow like weeds. I was feeding mine on a regular basis and then they started to GROW. Now, they get dusted with food a couple of times a week. Very cool coral!

Back