E.T.S.S. Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

abmxdad2

OK so I picked up some reef equipment awhile ago. So I could finally set up my 150g. I'm not sure how to run this E.T.S.S. skimmer ? Is there some were I can get a owner manual ? Also is there any good sites that show a step by step on how to setup a sump, skimmer & rufg ? I live out in the Graham area now & would welcome any help :) I added some pics :)
aq14.jpg aq11.jpg aq.jpg And this why I need to get this tank setup. aq2.jpg
Thanks Bill

Last edited:
If you can post a few pictures of items needing help with, makes helping easier knowing what you have to work with:)

Plumb overflow to the gate valve at the top of the media tower. You can use multiple types of filter media in the drawers ( floss sheets, carbon, etc). The skimmer should fit in the chamber next to the drawers. The skimmer needs a feed pump. You may be able to place a pump in the same chamber as the skimmer. The pump you have is external. It may have had a manifold built which allowed water to be fed to the skimmer & a return to the tank. I wouldn't bother with the uv sterilizer. I have multiple of the same brand & I don't use them anymore. If you end up with "green water" then it will work but that's not a common problem in saltwater tanks. As for parasite control they suck. That's my 2 cents worth.

kinda old school tech. Most the etss's i see plumbed into the sump with the external pump (feed pump). So u may need to drill a hole abmx and get a bulkhead for ur skimmer, than return it to a bubble trap area. IDK if it has an air pump with airstone or venturi or idk man sry. LMK and maybe reeferman069 and i can swing by and lend a hand or two.
HTHs
D

ahhh i see pix now, lol
Looks like ur overflow from ur display tank should go down to the media basket like blue lip suggested. IDK why theyre is a gate valve there. Id toss it, maybe to stop splashing from the tower. Like slow the flow, but slowing flow to ur pump is no good, slow it after...so its not starving of water and still taking in the water it should.

Ur green external pump plumbs up to the bulkhead in the bottom of the sump, shoots into the skimmer and than idk. Back to the tank or back to the sump and get another pump for return. Maybe a bubble trap area so no micro bubbles go to ur DT. My .02
D

I built that set up who knows when, but it is all current to todays standards, except that skimmer. Much better technology available today. Keep the gate valve as it is used to make the drains quiet. It is called a Herbie style overflow. Try uploading you pic's into photobucket or a similar site. More people will chime in as it's easier for all to see. Best of luck, Jason

this is months old CFI. I think before he had his brass fitting problem. Hope all is well abmxdad
...ya i meant the skimmer being the old piece of tech.
-d

Back