Earthquake Footage.. Reef Tank Wavemaker

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jaybo

Getting my Reef On
This was captured on video of the 8.2 Indonesia earthquake the other day. I dont think this guy really wanted to see his tank with that much water movement. :eek: God... I hope my 120 never experiences this.. :eek:I dont think the glass would hold!!! Im surprised this tank stayed together!:eek:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/09/12/quake.irpt/index.html

Paste the link and check it out!! Pretty Crazy stuff!:eek:

i put a comment there... cause that 3rd comment says something like.... "duh people just stand there watching they should get under something solid"

i said " ya if i had a 15 grand reef tank and my water and coral was going all over the place.... Id stand there to" (knowing me id probly be trying to stedy the tank)

i put a comment there... cause that 3rd comment says something like.... "duh people just stand there watching they should get under something solid"

i said " ya if i had a 15 grand reef tank and my water and coral was going all over the place.... Id stand there to" (knowing me id probly be trying to stedy the tank)

People are always quick to say "Duh, Im so cool, calm, collected and generally better, Id never stand there in a dumfounded panic".

Years ago when my brother put a golf club through the side of my 70G, my sister in law was back from the garage with a shop vac before I really knew that Id better believe my eyes and scoop the fish off of the floor to put in the 40G across the room.:lol:

vIDEO GONE...

This was captured on video of the 8.2 Indonesia earthquake the other day. I dont think this guy really wanted to see his tank with that much water movement. :eek: God... I hope my 120 never experiences this.. :eek:I dont think the glass would hold!!! Im surprised this tank stayed together!:eek:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/09/12/quake.irpt/index.html

Paste the link and check it out!! Pretty Crazy stuff!:eek:

the video in this link is gone...anybody know of another link to it ....

it was on cnn last night....

I would freak out... Id be trying to stedy the tank of something.. like holding on...

Pirrty cool how the tank Auto Relandscaped...

also a good idea of what the reef goes thur during a good storm or quake...

Back