easiest way to clean acrylic check this out!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That is an awesome find. If I wasn't dieing right now I'd be even more excited....

Nah, just a vicious cold that hit me outta nowhere. I spent all Saturday on the couch, felt better yesterday, and then woke up with a 99.8 degree temp coughing up phlem and blood this morning. Needless to say progress on the new tank was near non-existent this week.

Seth

Ummm I hope you feel better Seth! Get that checked out dog! Swine Flu is still out there. Any how the eraser trick sounds like a good idea!

Nah, just a vicious cold that hit me outta nowhere. I spent all Saturday on the couch, felt better yesterday, and then woke up with a 99.8 degree temp coughing up phlem and blood this morning. Needless to say progress on the new tank was near non-existent this week.

Seth

thats good to know hope you feel better soon :D

I have been using them for 3-4 years basicly scince I found them and they work great no ill effects on the tank

I just read the entire thread that you linked us to. I am going to give it a try on my acrylic tank.

g

before
before.jpg

after
after.jpg

Coralline came right off only could get the spots i can cpr fuge is small

They are about equal to 4 to 6 K sand paper so they buff while cleaning. You dont see the fine scratching because of the water. Not a bad thing Ive used 6k micro mesh for years to clean my tanks but the magic eraser does dull the acrylic over time and needs to be polished with 12k ever now and again.

Don

I tried it on my glass tank, and it seemed to do a pretty good job. I don't know if it was just dirtier than most, but I don't know that it cleaned better than anything else would. It did however, do really good in the corners and did seem to work pretty fast. I liked the results, I'll try it again when the tank is not as dirty. :D

So glad I found this thread!

Magic Eraser** + Hammerhead magfloat = BEST CLEANER EVER!

I cut the eraser into pieces about 1/2" thick then sandwiched in between the hammerhead magnets--have some really stubborn green algae--it took it right off my glass in 5 swipes!

It usually takes 2-3x more passes (and a heck of a lot of force) with my Kent Stainless blade to do the same thing.

**I bought Safeway-brand "Disposable Erasing Pads" (4 pads/box, and about a dollar less than the Magic Eraser brand name.)

Back