Ebay style aquarium auction sites

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Watch the feedback on aquabid and if spending or selling big items try to research who you do business with. There are some VERY crooked people on that system. They are few or I wouldn't use AB at all, just a speedbump in the road to having a profitable fishroom. :) Prices on ebay are actually often better for the bidder. AB doesn't charge to list if it doesn't sell or if the selling price is less than 30 bucks, a bonus if you have something real rare to part with that might not sell at all. Has less side services, like invoices or links to paypal, but it works ok. Less fancy overall, and that is why some people are able to use it repeatedly to scam. They just change their ID and continue if their feedback gets too rotten. Think I have been equally ripped off on ebay and on AB, now that I think about it... If anyone ever makes you feel weird for spending too much money on fish go look at the bettas on aquabid. :)
Kate

Thanks for the advise Kate. I can see how easy it would be to be taken on AB. Seems like it is a lot less monitored than Ebay. Do yu know of any other sites?

Unfortunately I do not know of others. Are you looking to buy or sell? FW or SW? There is always Craig's List too. For selling rare FW fish AB is great, prices can get really high, especially if you are willing to ship to Japan. For selling gear I still like ebay unless I want to put a high reserve because Ebay makes me pay whether I sell or not. I have sold on ebay at astronomic losses but I do get good deals off it so it evens out. I don't know if anyone is using yahoo, doesn't seem to get much action.
Kate

there are people on every auction site/message board that have been taken advantage of (except here of course =) ). It's the risk you take for buying something online that you can't physically see and take with you. As others here have already stated, you just have to be smart, research, and pay in a wise manner to help ensure a smooth transaction.

I use ebay all the time. I like it alot, feedback over 97% doesnt just happen if you have over 50 transactions. Those are my rules for doing business, on ebay.

Wrightme43,

I strongly agree. I sell on Ebay and my rating is 100%.

Jiddy,
QUOTE "What is your purpose here"....My purpose is to see what other sites are out there (other than ebay). If I want a new tank.... I will build one.

Back